Re: Test application

    Message 1 of 11 , May 12, 2005
      See my comments

      <ctrondlpaulsden@y...> wrote:

      > Just some thoughts. It seems like a good idea to include something
      > like this. Here are a few off-the-top comments about this test
      > application:
      >
      > * Is this GPLed? ReadMe or Help -> About should state if so. I
      > hope it is, then we'll want to add the
      > source into SourceForge, alongside with the module and recorder
      > application.

      --> Totaly agree.

      > * How does this app look on a 800x600 display? Should be visible
      on
      > 640x480. Might need tab control

      --> I have to check. Should we strive that much for 640x480?
      Is anyone using this resolution nowadays?

      > * Should add all controls that GUITest supports: ListVIew,
      TreeView,
      > Tab, etc. In various styles

      --> Absolutely. Currently I have no time/knowledge. Can someone help
      me? Do you have an experienced MFC developer?

      > * Languages other then English? The recorder doesn't support other
      > languages at the moment, but its a goal down the road.

      --> I would first focus on making the whole thing work for English.
      Having a stable testing framework would help moving to dirrent
      languages.

      > * Data should be more random instead of ItemFive, ItemFour. For
      > various reasons
      > * Name List1 and CheckBox something
      > * Multiple CheckBoxes
      --> Sure. If time allows

      > * Application took 800k of memory. Does that seem odd? Not sure.
      --> Don't know. I am not that familiar with windows and MFC

      > * Help text or intuitiveness should alert person interacting
      > manually *when* Push Me will get enabled, etc.
      ---> What do you mean?

      > * Should we have an MDI form also for testing?
      > * Miscelanous -> Miscellaneous
      > * File -> Exit should exit
      ---> Same comment as for other features

      I think we should create a prioritized list of todos.