Re: Test application

  • vishal_kharge
    Message 1 of 11 , May 3, 2005
      Hello,

      I have run the winguitest.exe with and without dll and it worked fine.

      One question:

      What is the purpose of the controls.t and windows.t file?

      Is it the test scripts for testing the winguitest.exe application?

      Do you have more test scripts related to this application.

      Thanks,
      Vishal Kharge

      Message 2 of 11 , May 6, 2005
        Hi,
        Those files contain testing functions in a form which is handled by
        Test::Harness module.
        In short: Test::Harness expects that it will find files, which contain
        perl code, which tests something and returns results in a specific
        format. Test harness filters these results and prints a summary.

        Please download the recent package from the source forge
        http://sourceforge.net/projects/winguitest.
        Unpack it.
        In order to make Test::Harness use my test application you have to do
        the following:
        1. Place winquitest.exe in the module's directory
        2. Go to module's directory
        3. Remove everything from "t" subdirectory
        4. Place "controls.t" and "windows.t" files in "t" subdirectory
        5. type "perl makefile.pl"
        6. type "nmake test"

        Message 3 of 11 , May 10, 2005
          Just some thoughts. It seems like a good idea to include something
          like this. Here are a few off-the-top comments about this test
          application:

          * Is this GPLed? ReadMe or Help -> About should state if so. I
          hope it is, then we'll want to add the
          source into SourceForge, alongside with the module and recorder
          application.
          * How does this app look on a 800x600 display? Should be visible on
          640x480. Might need tab control
          * Should add all controls that GUITest supports: ListVIew, TreeView,
          Tab, etc. In various styles
          * Languages other then English? The recorder doesn't support other
          languages at the moment, but its a goal down the road.
          * Data should be more random instead of ItemFive, ItemFour. For
          various reasons
          * Name List1 and CheckBox something
          * Multiple CheckBoxes
          * Application took 800k of memory. Does that seem odd? Not sure.
          * Help text or intuitiveness should alert person interacting
          manually *when* Push Me will get enabled, etc.
          * Should we have an MDI form also for testing?
          * Miscelanous -> Miscellaneous
          * File -> Exit should exit

          Message 4 of 11 , May 12, 2005
            See my comments

            <ctrondlpaulsden@y...> wrote:

            > Just some thoughts. It seems like a good idea to include something
            > like this. Here are a few off-the-top comments about this test
            > application:
            >
            > * Is this GPLed? ReadMe or Help -> About should state if so. I
            > hope it is, then we'll want to add the
            > source into SourceForge, alongside with the module and recorder
            > application.

            --> Totaly agree.

            > * How does this app look on a 800x600 display? Should be visible
            on
            > 640x480. Might need tab control

            --> I have to check. Should we strive that much for 640x480?
            Is anyone using this resolution nowadays?

            > * Should add all controls that GUITest supports: ListVIew,
            TreeView,
            > Tab, etc. In various styles

            --> Absolutely. Currently I have no time/knowledge. Can someone help
            me? Do you have an experienced MFC developer?

            > * Languages other then English? The recorder doesn't support other
            > languages at the moment, but its a goal down the road.

            --> I would first focus on making the whole thing work for English.
            Having a stable testing framework would help moving to dirrent
            languages.

            > * Data should be more random instead of ItemFive, ItemFour. For
            > various reasons
            > * Name List1 and CheckBox something
            > * Multiple CheckBoxes
            --> Sure. If time allows

            > * Application took 800k of memory. Does that seem odd? Not sure.
            --> Don't know. I am not that familiar with windows and MFC

            > * Help text or intuitiveness should alert person interacting
            > manually *when* Push Me will get enabled, etc.
            ---> What do you mean?

            > * Should we have an MDI form also for testing?
            > * Miscelanous -> Miscellaneous
            > * File -> Exit should exit
            ---> Same comment as for other features

            I think we should create a prioritized list of todos.