Re: Help Required: On system function

  • vishal_kharge
    Message 1 of 7 , May 1, 2005
      Hello,

      I tried to use the following command:

      system("start C:\\windows\\mspaint");

      But still giving the same error.

      How I need to adjust the path?

      Thanks,
      Vishal Kharge

      --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Rabinovitz"
      <rabinov@y...> wrote:
      > Vishal,
      > Make sure you can launch mspaint from the command prompt. If you
      > can't, you'll have to adjust your path. Alternatively, you could
      > adjust your scripts 'system' command to:
      > system("start C:\\windows\\mspaint");
      > (you might have to make alterations for your configuration) and see
      > if your script now runs.
      >
      > Good luck,
      > Mike
      >
      > --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "vishal_kharge"
      > <vishal_kharge@y...> wrote:
      > > Hello ,
      > >
      > > I am getting the error "Could not find Paint" when I run the
      > > following script:
      > >
      > > use strict;
      > >
      > > use Win32::GuiTest qw(:ALL);
      > >
      > > system("start mspaint");
      > >
      > > sleep 2;
      > > my @windows = FindWindowLike(0, "Paint", "");
      > > die "Could not find Paint\n" if not @windows;
      > >

      > > I am using the ActivePerl for running the scripts.
      > >
      > > I think the statement: system("start mspaint"); is not getting
      > > executed.
      > >
      > > What may be the reason and how should I solve this problem.
      > >
      > > Regards,
      > > Vishal Kharge
    • vishal_kharge
      Message 2 of 7 , May 2, 2005
        Hello,

        By increasing the delay time, its still not working.

        Thanks,
        Vishal K

        Message 3 of 7 , May 2, 2005
          Your original script worked for me.

          I have 2 questions:
          1. What is the result of "system" function?
          Try this code:
          if( system( "start mspaint ) ){
          print "Error from system function: $!";
          }

          2. Is Paint launched by your script?
          If yes, can you send me a screenshot of a title bar of Paint (send it
          to my private account, since yahoo groups do not accept attachments in
          posts)

          -Piotr