Question about isKeyPressed

  • aaton94546
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 26, 2005
      Hello,
      I'm having some problems with the isKeyPressed function. I've tried
      the example eg/keypress from cpan.

      Here's the url:
      http://search.cpan.org/dist/Win32-GuiTest/Examples.pm#eg/keypress.pl

      Everthing works fine first. It recognizes the keys ESC F5 F11 F12, but
      then the key A is just ignored. Nothing happens.
      Does anyone know how to use isKeyPressed with normal letters?

      Thanks a lot for your help. I appreciate it.

      alex a
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 29, 2005
        This is probably due to case-sensitivity, try IsKeyPressed("a")
        instead.

        Regards,
        Dennis

        --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "aaton94546" <aaton.a@w...>
        wrote:

        > Hello,
        > I'm having some problems with the isKeyPressed function. I've tried
        > the example eg/keypress from cpan.
        >
        > Here's the url:
        > http://search.cpan.org/dist/Win32-
        GuiTest/Examples.pm#eg/keypress.pl

        > Everthing works fine first. It recognizes the keys ESC F5 F11 F12,
        but
        > then the key A is just ignored. Nothing happens.
        > Does anyone know how to use isKeyPressed with normal letters?
        >
        > Thanks a lot for your help. I appreciate it.
        >
        > alex a
      • aaton94546
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 30, 2005
          That doesn't either seem to work. I installed the Win32::GuiTest
          module with ppm from the ActiveState Repository. Could this be reason
          why it's not working? The files for the ppm may be out of date in the
          ActiveState Repository.

          Regards,
          alex

          Message 4 of 4 , May 9, 2005
            I think you are right on. I tried the older version and had the
            same result as you. You can always download the ZIP file from cpan
            (http://search.cpan.org/CPAN/authors/id/C/CT/CTRONDLP/Win32-GuiTest-
            1.50.3-ad.zip), extract it and run "ppm install Win32-GuiTest.ppd"

            Regards.