installation with ActivePerl5.8

  • keremyaman2004
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 21, 2005
      Hi I have Active Perl5.8 on a WinXP professional setup. I am trying to
      install the package but when I follow the instructions it tells me
      that it cannot find the target to install.
      Would this be because of a difference between ActivePerl5.6 and 5.8
      possibly?
      Thanks very much.
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 29, 2005
        Which version of the module are you trying to install? Latest
        versions are usually built around 5.8. If your not already, you may
        have to download the zip from
        http://sourceforge.net/projects/winguitest and install it locally
        using ppm.

        Regards,
        Dennis

        --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "keremyaman2004"
        <keremyaman2004@y...> wrote:

        > Hi I have Active Perl5.8 on a WinXP professional setup. I am
        trying to
        > install the package but when I follow the instructions it tells me
        > that it cannot find the target to install.
        > Would this be because of a difference between ActivePerl5.6 and
        5.8
        > possibly?
        > Thanks very much.
      • Kerem Yaman
        Message 3 of 3 , May 2, 2005
          Thanks very much that worked. Sorry for late response
          I somehow missed this message in my inbox.

          Kerem
          --- "Dennis K. Paulsen" <ctrondlpaulsden@...>