Working with custom controls

  • Yoni
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 15 6:54 AM
      Hey,

      i want to automate a 3270 Emulator called "IBM Personal Communications".
      it mainly contains a certain (custom?!) Control that i dont know how to obtain its contents.

      (it contains the 3270 text recieved from the remote host -
      somewhat like a command prompt window).

      this is surely can be done, since i know of an automation application ("Composia")
      that does that exact thing, and is NOT using OCR techniques.

      can anybody please direct me on where & how should this be done ?
      what functions of Win32API should i read about ?
      and if there is some documentation on how it's been done on other places,
      i would really appriciate, as this can be a nice contribution to the GuiTest module.

      Thanks alot
      Yoni

      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 29, 2005
        Without being able to examine this module it is hard to tell. If it
        responds to standard windows messages, existing functions may work.
        Several variables to deal with here, so without more details and a
        control to work with, we won't have much luck.

        Regards,
        Dennis

        --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, Yoni <yoni_benshlosh@y...> wrote:

        > Hey,
        >
        > i want to automate a 3270 Emulator called "IBM Personal
        Communications".
        > it mainly contains a certain (custom?!) Control that i dont know
        how to obtain its contents.

        > (it contains the 3270 text recieved from the remote host -
        > somewhat like a command prompt window).
        >
        > this is surely can be done, since i know of an automation
        application ("Composia")
        > that does that exact thing, and is NOT using OCR techniques.
        >
        > can anybody please direct me on where & how should this be done ?
        > what functions of Win32API should i read about ?
        > and if there is some documentation on how it's been done on other
        places,
        > i would really appriciate, as this can be a nice contribution to
        the GuiTest module.

        > Thanks alot
        > Yoni

      • Nahum Cohen
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 30, 2005

          What you need is EHLLAPI / WinHLLAPI.

          EHLLAPI is a standard programming interface which allows programmatic
          access to a host emulator session. Functions are provided for reading
          host screen data (such as the characters and attributes), for sending
          keystrokes, and performing other emulator-related functions.

          Visit the following links for more information:
          http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/pcomhelp/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.pcomm.doc/emulator_programming07.htm
          http://supportweb.netmanage.com/ts_rumba/downloads/samples/samHllapi.asp
          http://www.di3270.com/Products/progHLLAPI.htm