Re: 4Test Style

  • erngui
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 24, 2002

      --- In perlguitest@y..., "ctrondlpaulsden" <ctrondlp@n...> wrote:
      [...]
      > As time permits, Ernesto should have some nice additions coming
      > soon. Ernesto, I would be happy to beta test anything you have
      > coming. I know you have a day job, how are things progressing with
      > this project?

      It's going slower than I would like it to...

      I'm thinking about releasing an intermediate version that's mostly
      done already in case people are getting impatient. It would contain
      mostly some submissions from nice people in this group and elsewhere,
      but also some functionality I've taken over from another module I
      wrote some time ago (mostly for automating admin kind tasks).

      And thanks for the beta test offer, that's always useful.

      Regards,
      Ernesto.
      --
      Ernesto Guisado
      mailto:erngui@...
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 24, 2002

        --- In perlguitest@y..., "huazhi_ca" <huazhi_ca@y...> wrote:
        [...]
        > I like how they structure the API, e.g.
        parentwin.childwin.dialog.button.click(), etc. For those of you

        Looks a bit like Smalltalk. In that language every method by default
        returns the object you're using it on, so that you can chain or
        cascade methods.

        The problem is when one of the methods fails. You really need
        something like exceptions to make it work.

        >Another nice thing about the template, is that it can be
        conditional. So if you support multiple languages, Open can
        be "Abrir", "Aprire", "Aprir", etc.

        That sounds interesting. I spent some time as Software Localizer and
        scripting apps in different languages is always a bit of a pain.

        Would be nice to have some international support build into GuiTest.
        Must think about it...

        Regards,
        Ernesto.
        --