Re: [perlguitest] image compare

  • sameer wakhlu
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 8, 2005
      Hi I am new in perl .Actually I am testing a product for PC backup and I am planning to perform automation testing on the same becuase I have been receiving many builds and release for regression testings and it consumes lot of time.My Client says to use perl scripting ,So i am looking for bext guideness for the same testing.Right now I am unable to start writing a script for it.Hope anyone can guide me well.I am facing a problem to pass parament in each windows.Today i was able to invoke application by using system "c:\product.exe"; and it displays me the window.In the same window there r few fields and I need to pass some parameters from there.I download a perl 8.5 and tried to find some sample scripts for GUI.Please guide me what all i need to do for the same.
      Thanks
      Sameer

      Is there any way to compare bmp or jpg images in
      Win32::GuiTest?
      I want to automate installation process. So when the
      status bar shows 100% completed, i want to press the
      "Finish" button. So that like Winrunner, if we compare
      two images and it gives "true" result then i can fire
      the command "Sendkeys" to press the "Finish" button.
      If possible then please explain it with an example.
      (small code)

      Thanks,
      Umakant Patil

      http://mail.yahoo.com