Cannot get GetTreeViewSelPath or SelTreeViewItemPath to work

  • hp189bp
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 2, 2005

      My first post to this group, I am a beginner as far as guitest goes
      but am hopeful that it can really help with some automated testing I
      have planned.

      Problem is:

      I have a c++ application which contains a tree ( SysTreeView32). I am
      attempting to write a test script which will select a new node from
      the tree view. Below is the code so far:

      ## Main/Core
      # HINT: Foreground Window: Text = 'C:\win32uitest\Win32-GuiTest-
      1.50.3-ad\Recorder', Class = 'CabinetWClass', Id = 393841

      my @whnds = FindWindowLike( undef, "MetaFrame Presentation Server
      Administration" , "MMCMainFrame");

      if( !@whnds ){
      die "Cannot find window with title/caption Calculator\n";
      }else{
      printf( "Window handle of MPS application is %x\n", $whnds[ 0 ] );
      }

      my @thnds = FindWindowLike( $whnds[ 0 ], undef , "SysTreeView32");
      if( !@thnds ){
      die "Cannot find window with title/caption Calculator\n";
      }else{
      printf( "Window handle of MPS tree is %x\n", $thnds[ 0 ] );
      }

      my $path = GetTreeViewSelPath($thnds[0]);
      printf("current selected item is %s\n", $path);

      SelTreeViewItemPath($thnds[0], "MetaFrame Presentation Server
      Administration|Report Center");

      It gets as far as reporting the two window handles correctly (
      checked in winSpy++) which means it has found the treeview.
      But, nothing is returned from the call to
      GetTreeViewSelPath and the new node is not selected by the call to
      SelTreeViewItemPath.

      Any ideas?
    • hp189bp
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 4, 2005
        Looks like this may be a .net issue.

        The application I am running against is a .net snap in to the mmc and
        it doesn't seem to work.

        However, I have tried a similar thing with the perfom mmc snap in and
        the win32guitest treeview functions work fine.

        I'm surprised this makes a difference because the mmc is written in
        unmanaged code. Can't imagine why a .net snap in would change the
        behaviour of the left hand treeview.

        Nick.

        --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "hp189bp" <nick.williams@e...>