Re: 4Test Style

  • huazhi_ca
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 21, 2002
      > Err.., "parentwin.childwin.dialog.button.click()". Ouch!
      >
      > As time permits, Ernesto should have some nice additions coming
      > soon. Ernesto, I would be happy to beta test anything you have
      > coming. I know you have a day job, how are things progressing with
      > this project?

      Sign me up. I can be a beta tester as well. :->

      Plus, I have a day job, but I am a whitebox QA tester. So I can
      possible test some things out, and get paid to do it?!? ^_^
    • erngui
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 24, 2002

        --- In perlguitest@y..., "ctrondlpaulsden" <ctrondlp@n...> wrote:
        [...]
        > As time permits, Ernesto should have some nice additions coming
        > soon. Ernesto, I would be happy to beta test anything you have
        > coming. I know you have a day job, how are things progressing with
        > this project?

        It's going slower than I would like it to...

        I'm thinking about releasing an intermediate version that's mostly
        done already in case people are getting impatient. It would contain
        mostly some submissions from nice people in this group and elsewhere,
        but also some functionality I've taken over from another module I
        wrote some time ago (mostly for automating admin kind tasks).

        And thanks for the beta test offer, that's always useful.

        Regards,
        Ernesto.
        --
        Ernesto Guisado
        mailto:erngui@...
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 24, 2002

          --- In perlguitest@y..., "huazhi_ca" <huazhi_ca@y...> wrote:
          [...]
          > I like how they structure the API, e.g.
          parentwin.childwin.dialog.button.click(), etc. For those of you

          Looks a bit like Smalltalk. In that language every method by default
          returns the object you're using it on, so that you can chain or
          cascade methods.

          The problem is when one of the methods fails. You really need
          something like exceptions to make it work.

          >Another nice thing about the template, is that it can be
          conditional. So if you support multiple languages, Open can
          be "Abrir", "Aprire", "Aprir", etc.

          That sounds interesting. I spent some time as Software Localizer and
          scripting apps in different languages is always a bit of a pain.

          Would be nice to have some international support build into GuiTest.
          Must think about it...

          Regards,
          Ernesto.
          --