Re: New poll for perlguitest

    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 28, 2005
      --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, Gabor Szabo <gabor@p...> wrote:
      > On Mon, 28 Feb 2005, pkaluski wrote:
      >
      > > Gabor, your post was slightly emotional. Did you find asking an
      > > interface question so annoying or is there any other reason for
      your
      > > emotional tone?
      >
      > Oups, sorry.
      > I did not mean that way at all. Especially not the
      > "in favor of breaking the code".
      > That was just bad description on my part.
      >
      > Gabor

      Never mind :)
      So if we are back in the cold technical tone :) I still believe that
      the poll my bring some usefull information.
      From the other hand I believe, that we should not change the existing
      interface in a way that it would break the existing code. After some
      rethought I came to conclusion that the cleanup would not add that
      significant value to justify loss of backward compatibility.
      I am more in favor of adding new functions rather then adding object
      oriented interface. The main reason is effort needed. Creating object
      oriented wrapper would require more effort than adding few functions,
      which use existing function with some additional parameter checking.
      What I mean is that in order to walk around the problem of
      PushChildButton, we can create functions PushChildButtonById and
      PushChildButtonByCaption.
      But maybe I am overestimating the effort needed for object oriented
      interface...
      -Piotr
    • perlguitest@yahoogroups.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 22, 2005
        perlguitest group:

        What is your opinion on the advanced tutorial on the
        Win32::GuiTest (please read the tutorial carefully before
        voting -
        http://www.piotrkaluski.com/files/winguitest/docs/ch02s04.html
        )?

        o It is very complex. It has really scared me. If I need to understand it in order to use Win32::GuiTest I will look for something else
        o It is really difficult to understand even for people profficient in Win32 API and in writing perl extensions. You should consider rethinking the text's composition
        o Tutorial is about complex things but it they are well explained. Even people NOT profficient in Win32 API and perl can understand it.

        web site listed above.

        Thanks!