RE: [perlguitest] Expanding Win32::GuiTest on web testing and java testing

  • Carl Nagle
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 4, 2005
      Tom Coleman's suggested module:

      - Parse & Run
      Another to read a key word flat text file of input and figures out what to do with each command. I think several of us have invented our own interpreters, created code to parse and do some action, so we may have some clear requirements for a common module.

      If you are willing to consider a pseudo-standard on such a model, that is what SAFSDEV provides.
      We have a defined text file format and even a defined set of keywords (always expanding).
      http://safsdev.sourceforge.net/sqabasic2000/RRAFSReference.htm

      We have the Java-based parsers and interpretters already available and a WIN32::GUITest "Engine" can readily be plugged into this through STAF and our defined cross-tool communication protocol. (This allows the Java parser/interpretter to tell the Perl GUITest what it is supposed to do.)

      When SAFSDEV is ready to implement Win32 keyword-based functionality we will be potentially implementing this WIN32::GUITest 'Engine' as described above. Of course, if we have Perl gurus willing to contribute to that effort sooner we will welcome the help.

      Carl Nagle
      SAS, http://www.sas.com
      Project Manager, SAFSDEV
      http://safsdev.sourceforge.net