RE: [perlguitest] Expanding Win32::GuiTest on web testing and jav a testing

  • Coleman Tom
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 4 2:23 PM
      I also see Win32::GuiTest as vanilla windows testing only.

      I would prefer that separate modules be written for other platforms, bizarre
      application ( IE ) or virtual machines ( Java ).

      Perhaps a hierarchy of modules:

      Test
      Win32::Console
      Win32::GuiTest
      Web adapter for Win32::IE::Mechanize
      Unix UI
      Java

      With adapters so one can use the other.
      If we share common base classes we can keep the interface common.

      There may be some parts of Win32::GuiTest that are complex enough to be a
      separate module.

      other test related modules:

      - Build & Install
      A module for organizing, distributing and running a set of many possible
      tests. Our source code for testing does not look like what is on the target
      system. We have scripts to prepare an install package. Others to run in
      the install package and put the stuff on the machine. I'm guessing many of
      us have hand rolled code to do this, but this may not be specific enough for
      a testing module.

      - Parse & Run
      Another to read a key word flat text file of input and figures out what to
      do with each command. I think several of us have invented our own
      interpreters, created code to parse and do some action, so we may have some
      clear requirements for a common module.

      - Collect & Report
      A module to help me give test results using another module, for example
      there is an excellent excel module. What do we do with all this test output
      data, give reports right? How about auto generated reports with three out
      of the box templates to use.

      Thank you