Re: Future of Win32::GuiTest

    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 4, 2005
      Ernesto,
      Your e-mail was really important.

      I would like to thank you for all the good work you have done so far -
      for creating the module, for giving the foundation for the community
      gathered around it. And finaly - that you leave with grace, allowing
      the Open Source community to benefit from your work and to
      continuously improve it.
      I hope that one day GuiTest will become a serious alternative for
      commercial tools.

      Once again - many thanks and good luck!

      -Piotr

      --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "Ernesto Guisado" <erngui@a...>
      wrote:

      > Hi all,
      >
      > I haven't much time to maintain the module anymore. I used to, at
      > least, have time to integrate new changes donated by other people.
      > But I can't even do that anymore.
      >
      > So, I'm more than happy for other people to take on a more central
      > role in the development of the module. Some of you have already
      done
      > so by contributing to Dennis' distribution.
      >
      > So here's a proposal:
      > 1. Rename the alternate distribution on SourceForge as "the
      > distribution".
      > 2. I give developers of the distribution co-maintainer status in
      CPAN
      > to allow them to upload new distributions theselves.
      > 3. Encourage people to join the SF distribution as best way to
      > contribute to GuiTest.
      >
      > Would this help? Volunteers?
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Ernesto.
      > --
      > http://triumvir.org
    • Gabor Szabo
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 6, 2005
        On Fri, 4 Feb 2005, Chris Hilton wrote:

        > Your proposal sounds good to me and I'd like to start volunteering again. I
        > tried contributing some before, but never really got in the loop, probably
        > because I'm not very familiar with SourceForge. How does one get notified
        > about the various goings-on (new bugs, feature requests, etc.)? How are we
        > supposed to communicate? I kind of got lost before, but would still like to
        > contribute.

        We don't have any communication channels setup, we used to exchange a
        couple of e-mails with Dennies. For the time being I think you should
        send the development related stuff here and then if it gets too
        big we'll setup a mailing list on Sourceforge.

        Even though it was not used much earlier on
        http://sourceforge.net/projects/winguitest/
        you'll find a place to submit bug reports and feature requests.

        There is also a list that you can use to follow the
        commits to the CVS repository.

        http://sourceforge.net/mail/?group_id=104592