Re: [perlguitest] ActiveX controls

  • Steven Swenson
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 1, 2005
      Kind of a follow on question...

      I tried win32::gui::AxWindow ... but it seems to try
      to open internet explorer regardless of the program
      app and/or clsid used to create the activex control.

      Anyone else have this problem or a solution to it?

      --Steven

      --- pkaluski <pkaluski@...> wrote:

      I have a question.
      When you automate tests of OLE enabled applications
      then you can do
      it using Win32::OLE.
      And what do you do when you want to automate testing
      applications,
      which are not OLE servers but host some Activex
      controls (ocx).
      How can they be handled by Perl (apart from
      FindWindowLike and
      SendKeys)? How can you deal with such controls using
      Visual Basic?

      -Piotr

      --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, Sam Sudhakar
      <sush_1205@y...>
      wrote:

      > Hi Dennis,
      >
      > I have used both perl and VBScript/COM...for testing
      .
      > And I personally believe that for windows GUI
      testing there is
      nothing better than VBScript/COM...U just have to
      write a custom
      component using Visual Basic which can give access to
      all the GUI
      Win32API's and there u go u can use this in ur
      VBScript code to give
      absolute control over all the windows and user
      interaction to those
      windows....and the whole thing is pretty simple...the
      only thing u
      gotta do is some research on the different win32
      APIs...
      > When I used perl Win32 i faced a lot of timing
      issues plus ofcourse
      I had to patch the win32 module as it didnt work with
      perl 5.8 and
      cygwin.
      > By the way does anybody know if that problem is
      fixed yet ...

      Terms of Service.