ActiveX controls

    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 26, 2005
      I have a question.
      When you automate tests of OLE enabled applications then you can do
      it using Win32::OLE.
      And what do you do when you want to automate testing applications,
      which are not OLE servers but host some Activex controls (ocx).
      How can they be handled by Perl (apart from FindWindowLike and
      SendKeys)? How can you deal with such controls using Visual Basic?

      -Piotr

      --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, Sam Sudhakar <sush_1205@y...>
      wrote:

      > Hi Dennis,
      >
      > I have used both perl and VBScript/COM...for testing .
      > And I personally believe that for windows GUI testing there is
      nothing better than VBScript/COM...U just have to write a custom
      component using Visual Basic which can give access to all the GUI
      Win32API's and there u go u can use this in ur VBScript code to give
      absolute control over all the windows and user interaction to those
      windows....and the whole thing is pretty simple...the only thing u
      gotta do is some research on the different win32 APIs...
      > When I used perl Win32 i faced a lot of timing issues plus ofcourse
      I had to patch the win32 module as it didnt work with perl 5.8 and
      cygwin.
      > By the way does anybody know if that problem is fixed yet ...

    • Steven Swenson
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 1, 2005
        Kind of a follow on question...

        I tried win32::gui::AxWindow ... but it seems to try
        to open internet explorer regardless of the program
        app and/or clsid used to create the activex control.

        Anyone else have this problem or a solution to it?

        --Steven

        wrote:

        > Hi Dennis,
        >
        > I have used both perl and VBScript/COM...for testing
        .
        > And I personally believe that for windows GUI
        testing there is
        nothing better than VBScript/COM...U just have to
        write a custom
        component using Visual Basic which can give access to
        all the GUI
        Win32API's and there u go u can use this in ur
        VBScript code to give
        absolute control over all the windows and user
        interaction to those
        windows....and the whole thing is pretty simple...the
        only thing u
        gotta do is some research on the different win32
        APIs...
        > When I used perl Win32 i faced a lot of timing
        issues plus ofcourse
        I had to patch the win32 module as it didnt work with
        perl 5.8 and
        cygwin.
        > By the way does anybody know if that problem is
        fixed yet ...

        Terms of Service.