Re: [perlguitest] Re: Hi.. help needed..

  • Darren Blee
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 19, 2005
      Yes.. Win32::GuiTest is good for moving the mouse
      around, using menus, clicking buttons etc. So great
      for GUI's.
      But for Web pages it depends on what the technology
      is?
      If it straight HTML I recommend the LWP libraries with
      perl. It can be a little complicated but there's heaps
      of documentation and examples around. Check out
      www.CPAN.org

      There's also Curl which I believe is also available
      for Perl. Curl also comes as a command line tool.

      If it's a Java app then tools like Abbott may help.

      If you have plenty of cash then commercial tools like
      WinRunner and Rational Robot can be 'of use'.
      Though I recommend you look at these free alternatives
      first.

      Excuse my rambling.. but I hope this helped anyway.

      - Darren

      --- pkaluski <pkaluski@...> wrote:

      Win32::GuiTest does not seem to be a good choice for
      web testing.
      But as far as I know there are plenty free tools for
      web testing on
      the web.

      -Piotr

      --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "siddhartha_das22"

      <siddhartha_das22@y...> wrote:

      > Hi..
      > i am new to usinf perl for GUI test, can U
      please help me to
      start
      > learning this technology..i want to use it for
      functional testing of
      > web application...
      >
      > Regards and Thanks
      > Siddhartha Das

      Terms of Service.

      http://au.movies.yahoo.com
    • Parke Kuntz
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 20, 2005
        If you are comfortable with PERL, Samie is an excellent tool for web page
        testing for the IE browser.

        Parke

        Darren Blee
        <d_blee@... To: perlguitest@yahoogroups.com
        .au> cc:
        Subject: Re: [perlguitest] Re: Hi.. help needed..
        01/19/2005 08:04
        PM
        Please respond to
        perlguitest

        <siddhartha_das22@y...> wrote:

        > Hi..
        > i am new to usinf perl for GUI test, can U
        please help me to
        start
        > learning this technology..i want to use it for
        functional testing of
        > web application...
        >
        > Regards and Thanks
        > Siddhartha Das