OLEAutomation vs ButtonClicker (was Re: No Clue :-((

  • huazhi_ca
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 14 8:28 AM
      Hello Andy.

      Actually all of my automation is through OLE Automation. However I have two problems.

      (1) Outlook Profiles - there's no OLE automation for Outlook profiles. If I create 600 users in exchange, how do I automate creating 600 users in Outlook?
      (2) Exchange & CDO - M$ exposes CDO, but this is so complex (estimated about a 1 weeks work). I decided to do GUI automation, and move to CDO when time is available.

      I am stuck at Outlook Profile creation at startup. I really need this to work.

      Here's the dialog from the spy utility:

      ++0x005F0046, 'Choose Profile', #32770
      +++0x00540044, 'Profile &Name:', Static
      +++0x005F0086, '', ComboBox
      ++++0x00B4014A, '', Edit
      +++0x00600072, 'Ne&w...', Button
      +++0x009B00FC, 'OK', Button
      +++0x00B3014E, 'Cancel', Button
      +++0x008C0112, '&Help', Button
      +++0x005700B8, '&Options >>', Button
      +++0x006300BC, 'Options', Button
      +++0x0137013A, 'Set as &default profile', Button
      +++0x009600A6, 'Show &Logon screens for all information services', Button
      +0x005D00CC, 'Microsoft Outlook', #32770
      ++0x00740092, '', ComboLBox
      +0x00590042, 'W', WMS Notif Engine:Dispatch Window Class
      +0x00610040, '', MsoStdCompMgr
      +0x008000E2, 'Microsoft Outlook', mspim_wnd32

      I think this stuff is automatable, as it does seem like this dialog has custome buttons and things. However, I'm not familar with Win32 API. How can I click at this stuff.