Need example of branching logic

  • llazarre
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 13, 2005
      Hello all,

      I am new to the list. I just downloaded the module and went through
      the tutorial and the examples provided. Now, I am looking for the best
      way of setting up branching logic in Win32-GuiTest and I am wondering
      if somebody could provide an example for me to learn from.
      Here is a sample scenario:

      A script looks for an open "Notepad" window and sends "ALT-O" to open
      a new file.
      1. If there is no new text in Notepad, a dialog box opens and asks to
      supply the file name to open. Supply a name and save.

      2. If there new text in Notepad, a different dialog box opens asking
      to save the current text. Supply a file name. If the file already
      exists, another optional confirmation dialog pops up to ask the user
      if he/she wants to overwrite the current file. Answer Yes. If the file
      doesn't exist, save it.
      After saving, we should be back to the "File/Open" dialog as in
      sequence number 1.
      If anyone has done something similar, I would like to see it. It would
      be most helpful as I am preparing to write a script to automate a task
      at work.

      Thanks a lot.
      Levy