Re: How to click on toolbar's buttons?

  • wenjie wang
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 11, 2005
      --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "pkaluski" <pkaluski@p...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      > This is a summary response to your last 3 posts (702-704).
      >
      > You are right. I have also observed that for basic controls like
      > Edits, ComboBoxes etc. resource ID is equal to control ID.
      However,
      > this is only an observation. I haven't found any document saying
      that
      > control id = resource id (if anyone can confirm/deny, please do
      it).
      > From the other hand I have seen controls defined by CONTROL
      command
      > in rc file, which had resource ID != 0 and control ID = 0. You can
      > try with VC++. Create a project with application hosting an
      > Activex control. You will see the control will have Control ID =
      0,
      > in the same time having resource id != 0.
      >
      > As for handling a toolbar. According to your description you are
      not
      > dealing with the standard toolbar, like ToolbarWindow32 (used in
      > Spy++, for example). You deal with a custom made toolbar, which
      > is actually a dialog box with button controls on it. For such a
      case
      > you are right - it works and you can select buttons by control ID.
      > However, it is not going to work for standart toolbars (present in
      > Spy++ or in basic MFC applications created by AppWizard). As you
      can
      > see, there are no children of such a toolbar control. The standard
      > control toolbar works this way - you pass it a set of bitmaps
      which
      > should appears as buttons. Toolbar control is resposible for
      > notifying you, which button was clicked (when you click on it).
      You
      > can check the link http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?
      > url=/library/en-
      > us/shellcc/platform/commctls/toolbar/toolbar_overview.asp.
      > You can also check Jeff's Prosize "Programming Windows with MFC
      (2nd
      > edition)", chapter 12.

      Thanks for the summary. It has presented a better picture of our
      discussion.

      As far as GUI concern, I'm mainly using win32 API / MFC / ATL. I'm
      using PERL for other purpose. It happened that I have to perform
      automated GUI manipulation in one of my new project and GuiTest
      module is picked for the project. I haven't spent much time
      investigating it futher till I read your comments in your web site.
      and then dive into guitest.pm;-)

      Luckily, what I've done so far is valid and works fine for my
      project.

      Regards
      W Wang

      | WANG Infonology Systems |EMail : wwang@... |