Re: Problems compiling Win32-GuiTest 1.50.2-AD

    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 8, 2005
      Hello,
      Searching the web indicates that this error may present itself if
      Service Pack 3 for Visual Studio needs to be installed. Or, if
      using the Learning Edition of VS it may not have all the necessary
      components.

      Regards.

      --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "contorni2000"
      <kpiantanida@c...> wrote:

      > Wenjie,
      > It says "invalid file or disk full", but I have 74GB of free
      > space on my hard drive, so I don't think space is an issue.
      >

      > Tom,
      > I tried compiling from another folder with no luck. I then
      > uninstalled MS Visual C++, and since I was removing it anyway, I
      > decided to try another machine entirely. I loaded MS VC++ on a
      Win
      > XP Home Edition machine, and set the PATH, INCLUDE and LIB
      > Environment variables to include c:\Perl\bin, then copied
      NMAKE.exe,

      <wiseagent2000@y...>
      > wrote:
      > >

      > > Is it complaining that disk full ?
      > >
      > > Kevin Piantanida <kpiantanida@c...> wrote:
      > > Hi,
      > > I'm trying to compile Win32::Guitest ver 1.50.2-AD on a Win
      XP
      > Pro machine running ActivePerl 5.8.6 build 811. I have MS Visual
      > C++ loaded, and ran VCVARS32.bat before trying to compile it. My
      > steps are as follows:
      > >
      > > [snip]
      > >

      > > C:\Perl\lib\CORE\perl58.lib : fatal error LNK1106: invalid file
      or
      > disk full: cannot seek to 0x41c1962a
      > > NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'link' : return code '0xc'
      > > Stop.

      > > Wenjie Wang(a.k.a. William) wwang@b...
      > > WANG Infonology Systems Ph: (02)-98712018 Mobile: 0412688380
      > > http://users.bigpond.net.au/WISeAgent
      > http://www.websamba.com/wiseagent
    • Kevin Piantanida
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 11, 2005
        Dennis, I installed Visual Studio service pack 3 and it worked without a problem. Thanks for the help, and thanks for all the great work on this module!

        --Kevin