Re: Simple Window application needed.

    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 7, 2005
      > Why not trying to use something already available on your computer,
      > just as M$ IE, It's a quite complicated GUI and I'm reading your
      > message using M$ IE;-)

      Well, my first impression was that IE does not use simple common
      controls. But after closer look it has occured that it does, so using
      IE as an example is actually a good idea. At least for beginning. IE
      keeps changing (like most of stuff from M$) so after a year, example
      may be not working any more.

      Thanks.

      -Piotr
    • Mark
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 7, 2005
        Dear Piotr,

        There is a sample MFC App called Scribble that has several dialogs and
        other aspects of Windows development. You can find it and download it
        from MSDN (with full source).

        When you say you want 4-5 layers deep, I'm trying to understand what
        that means.

        A main window with a form in it in MFC has

        MainFrame (Has the title bar)
        ViewFrame (Has the document title bar)
        View (Contains the form, has no title bar)
        Controls (Pretty obvious what these are)

        which is already 4 levels deep, is this what you are wanting?

        I so, I can pop one out today for you.

        Mark Jones