Re: Simple Window application needed.

  • wenjie wang
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 6, 2005
      --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "pkaluski" <pkaluski@p...> wrote:

      [snip]

      > children. I need an application, which has at least 4 - 5 levels
      > (Main-children-grandchildren- and so on...)

      Why not trying to use something already available on your computer,
      just as M$ IE, It's a quite complicated GUI and I'm reading your
      message using M$ IE;-)

      Cheers,
      WWang

      +-Wenjie Wang a.k.a William -------------------------------------+
      | WANG Infonology Systems |EMail : wwang@... |
      | Phone : (02) 9871 2018 | WISeAgent2000@... |
      | Mobile: 0412 688 380 |http://users.bigpond.net.au/WISeAgent |
      +-------------------------+--------------------------------------+
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 7, 2005
        > Why not trying to use something already available on your computer,
        > just as M$ IE, It's a quite complicated GUI and I'm reading your
        > message using M$ IE;-)

        Well, my first impression was that IE does not use simple common
        controls. But after closer look it has occured that it does, so using
        IE as an example is actually a good idea. At least for beginning. IE
        keeps changing (like most of stuff from M$) so after a year, example
        may be not working any more.

        Thanks.

        -Piotr
      • Mark
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 7, 2005
          Dear Piotr,

          There is a sample MFC App called Scribble that has several dialogs and
          other aspects of Windows development. You can find it and download it
          from MSDN (with full source).

          When you say you want 4-5 layers deep, I'm trying to understand what
          that means.

          A main window with a form in it in MFC has

          MainFrame (Has the title bar)
          ViewFrame (Has the document title bar)
          View (Contains the form, has no title bar)
          Controls (Pretty obvious what these are)

          which is already 4 levels deep, is this what you are wanting?

          I so, I can pop one out today for you.

          Mark Jones