Re: [perlguitest] Problems compiling Win32-GuiTest 1.50.2-AD

  • Wenjie Wang
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 4, 2005
      Is it complaining that disk full ?

      Kevin Piantanida <kpiantanida@...> wrote:
      Hi,
      I'm trying to compile Win32::Guitest ver 1.50.2-AD on a Win XP Pro machine running ActivePerl 5.8.6 build 811. I have MS Visual C++ loaded, and ran VCVARS32.bat before trying to compile it. My steps are as follows:

      [snip]

      C:\Perl\lib\CORE\perl58.lib : fatal error LNK1106: invalid file or disk full: cannot seek to 0x41c1962a
      NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'link' : return code '0xc'
      Stop.

      Wenjie Wang(a.k.a. William) wwang@...
      WANG Infonology Systems Ph: (02)-98712018 Mobile: 0412688380
      http://users.bigpond.net.au/WISeAgent http://www.websamba.com/wiseagent
    • contorni2000
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 5, 2005
        Wenjie,
        It says "invalid file or disk full", but I have 74GB of free
        space on my hard drive, so I don't think space is an issue.

        Tom,
        I tried compiling from another folder with no luck. I then
        uninstalled MS Visual C++, and since I was removing it anyway, I
        decided to try another machine entirely. I loaded MS VC++ on a Win
        XP Home Edition machine, and set the PATH, INCLUDE and LIB
        Environment variables to include c:\Perl\bin, then copied NMAKE.exe,
        NMAKE.err, CL.exe and Link.exe to the C:\Perl\bin folder. I then
        ran VCVARS32.bat with no problem, but I got the following warning
        when I ran the makefile.pl script.:

        Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
        (C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

        C:\Perl_Guitest_Temp1\Win32-GuiTest-CVS>vcvars32.bat
        Setting environment for using Microsoft Visual C++ tools.

        C:\Perl_Guitest_Temp1\Win32-GuiTest-CVS>perl C:\Perl_Guitest_Temp1
        \Win32-GuiTest
        -CVS\makefile.pl
        Checking if your kit is complete...
        Warning: the following files are missing in your kit:
        Examples.pm
        MANIFEST
        MANIFEST.SKIP
        META.yml
        Win32-GuiTest.ppd
        Win32-GuiTest.tar.gz
        Please inform the author.
        Writing Makefile for Win32::GuiTest

        C:\Perl_Guitest_Temp1\Win32-GuiTest-CVS>

        When I checked the C:\Perl_Guitest_Temp1\Win32-GuiTest-CVS\ folder
        itself, I found that the MANIFEST, MANIFEST.SKIP, and Win32-
        GuiTest.ppd files were in the directory I ran makefile.pl from, but
        Examples.pm, META.yml, and Win32-GuiTest.tar.gz are not in the
        folder. I checked the zip file that I downloaded and extracted the
        files from, and they are not in it either. The file is named "Win32-
        GuiTest-CVS-12232004.zip", and I downloaded it from Dennis' website
        per his posting on 12/23/2004.

        Tom/Dennis, is it possible that these missing files would prevent
        it from compiling properly, or am I on the wrong track?

        P.S. Since it created Makefile anyway, I tried running NMAKE on
        this machine, but I got the same error message as last time.

        I appreciate any help anyone can give me.

        Thanks,
        Kevin

        --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, Wenjie Wang <wiseagent2000@y...>

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 8, 2005
          Hello,
          Searching the web indicates that this error may present itself if
          Service Pack 3 for Visual Studio needs to be installed. Or, if
          using the Learning Edition of VS it may not have all the necessary
          components.

          Regards.

          --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "contorni2000"
          <kpiantanida@c...> wrote:

> [...]
          <wiseagent2000@y...>
          > wrote:
          > >

          > > Is it complaining that disk full ?
          > >
          > > Kevin Piantanida <kpiantanida@c...> wrote:
          > > Hi,
          > > I'm trying to compile Win32::Guitest ver 1.50.2-AD on a Win
          XP
          > Pro machine running ActivePerl 5.8.6 build 811. I have MS Visual
          > C++ loaded, and ran VCVARS32.bat before trying to compile it. My
          > steps are as follows:
          > >
          > > [snip]
          > >

          > > C:\Perl\lib\CORE\perl58.lib : fatal error LNK1106: invalid file
          or
          > disk full: cannot seek to 0x41c1962a
          > > NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'link' : return code '0xc'
          > > Stop.

          > > Wenjie Wang(a.k.a. William) wwang@b...
          > > WANG Infonology Systems Ph: (02)-98712018 Mobile: 0412688380
        • Kevin Piantanida
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 11, 2005
            Dennis, I installed Visual Studio service pack 3 and it worked without a problem. Thanks for the help, and thanks for all the great work on this module!

            --Kevin