Re: what using excel with perl ?

    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 28, 2004
      Beginner,
      No better way then to dive in and check yourself out some good old
      Win32::OLE. It is a great way to learn.

      Regards.

      --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "guguqiaqia" <guguqiaqia@y...>

      > I am using ActivePerl 5.6.
      > 1. How can I copy this excel and renamed it,and paste in this
      > directory ?
      > 2. How can I rename its sheet name and create more than one
      sheets ?
      > 3. How can I operate(for example paste picture,write text etc.)
      > appointed sheet ?
      >
      > I am a beginner. Will appreciate if anybody can help me with this.
      >
      > Thanks
      > Guguqiaqia
    • Asher, Scott
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 28, 2004
        Win32::OLE is the best perl module ever written. You'll do yourself a
        favor learning it if you do a lot of work with Windows & Perl.

        No better way then to dive in and check yourself out some good old
        Win32::OLE. It is a great way to learn.

        Regards.

        --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "guguqiaqia" <guguqiaqia@y...>

        > I am using ActivePerl 5.6.
        > 1. How can I copy this excel and renamed it,and paste in this
        > directory ?
        > 2. How can I rename its sheet name and create more than one
        sheets ?
        > 3. How can I operate(for example paste picture,write text etc.)
        > appointed sheet ?
        >
        > I am a beginner. Will appreciate if anybody can help me with this.
        >
        > Thanks
        > Guguqiaqia

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • ab dk
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 29, 2004
          True that: Win32::OLE is the best perl module ever written.
          many say so. Is there any good tutorials on it?

          To visit your group on the web, go to:

        • Chris Hilton
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 4, 2005
            This link might help get you going:

            Using Win32::OLE and Excel - Tips and Tricks-
            http://perlmonks.thepen.com/153486.html
            <http://perlmonks.thepen.com/153486.html>

            Or you could try searching the Perl Monks site: http://www.perlmonks.org/
            <http://www.perlmonks.org/>