what using excel with perl ?

  • guguqiaqia
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 27, 2004
      I am using ActivePerl 5.6.
      1. How can I copy this excel and renamed it,and paste in this
      directory ?
      2. How can I rename its sheet name and create more than one sheets ?
      3. How can I operate(for example paste picture,write text etc.)
      appointed sheet ?

      I am a beginner. Will appreciate if anybody can help me with this.

      Thanks
      Guguqiaqia
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 28, 2004
        Beginner,
        No better way then to dive in and check yourself out some good old
        Win32::OLE. It is a great way to learn.

        Regards.

        --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "guguqiaqia" <guguqiaqia@y...>

        > I am using ActivePerl 5.6.
        > 1. How can I copy this excel and renamed it,and paste in this
        > directory ?
        > 2. How can I rename its sheet name and create more than one
        sheets ?
        > 3. How can I operate(for example paste picture,write text etc.)
        > appointed sheet ?
        >
        > I am a beginner. Will appreciate if anybody can help me with this.
        >
        > Thanks
        > Guguqiaqia
      • Asher, Scott
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 28, 2004
          Win32::OLE is the best perl module ever written. You'll do yourself a
          favor learning it if you do a lot of work with Windows & Perl.

          No better way then to dive in and check yourself out some good old
          Win32::OLE. It is a great way to learn.

          Regards.

          --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "guguqiaqia" <guguqiaqia@y...>

          > I am using ActivePerl 5.6.
          > 1. How can I copy this excel and renamed it,and paste in this
          > directory ?
          > 2. How can I rename its sheet name and create more than one
          sheets ?
          > 3. How can I operate(for example paste picture,write text etc.)
          > appointed sheet ?
          >
          > I am a beginner. Will appreciate if anybody can help me with this.
          >
          > Thanks
          > Guguqiaqia

          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • ab dk
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 29, 2004
            True that: Win32::OLE is the best perl module ever written.
            many say so. Is there any good tutorials on it?

            To visit your group on the web, go to:

          • Chris Hilton
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 4, 2005
              This link might help get you going:

              Using Win32::OLE and Excel - Tips and Tricks-
              http://perlmonks.thepen.com/153486.html
              <http://perlmonks.thepen.com/153486.html>

              Or you could try searching the Perl Monks site: http://www.perlmonks.org/
              <http://www.perlmonks.org/>