HELP: Installation (perl makefile.pl)

  • huazhi_ca
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 13, 2002
      I grabbed the zip file of 5.6.1 from ActiveState and unzipped the
      archive into C:\. The result is perl.exe is located into
      C:\ActivePerl\Perl.

      I found the file that makemaker was looking for perh.h in
      C:\ActivePerl\Perl\lib\CORE

      When I type perl makefile.pl as per instructions, I get the following
      result:

      Checking if your kit is complete...
      Looks good

      Error: Unable to locate installed Perl libraries or Perl source code.

      It is recommended that you install perl in a standard location before
      building extensions. Some precompiled versions of perl do not contain
      these header files, so you cannot build extensions. In such a case,
      please build and install your perl from a fresh perl distribution. It
      usually solves this kind of problem.

      (You get this message, because MakeMaker could not find
      "C:\p4view\Apps\ActivePerl\MSI\data\ActivePerl\Perl\lib\CORE\perl.h")