Re: Windows explorer automation

    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 8, 2004
      Hello,
      I'm working on it right now, no memory-mapped files or additional
      dependencies needed thus far. :-) I've prototyped a Win32::GuiTest
      with SysListView32 support and now I'm on to SysTabControl32, etc,
      etc.

      If you have anything to donate to this cause, feel free to contact
      me.

      Regards,
      Dennis
      --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "snikki326" <snikki326@y...>
      wrote:

      > Dennis,
      >
      > This is a great idea. What would it take to make it?
      >
      > Wouldn't this be more efficient than using send-keys?

      > --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "Dennis K. Paulsen"
      > <ctrondlpaulsden@y...> wrote:
      > >

      > > Hello,
      > >
      > > Windows Explorer uses a SysTreeView32 control. There are no
      > > instructions in Win32::GuiTest "at this time", that will operate
      > on
      > > a SysTreeView32 directly... As it is now, one generally has to
      > use
      > > SendKeys...
      > >
      > > If there is interest in adding support for SysTreeView32,
      > > SysListView32, and other 32bit controls to Win32::GuiTest, I can
      > do
      > > so with donations (hardware, monetary, etc.)...
      > >
      > > Regards,
      > >
      > > --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "nandini_mukherjee"
      > > <nandini_mukherjee@y...> wrote:
      > > >

      > > > I am trying to automate a software using GuiTest. I am at a
      > loss
      > > > trying to automate opening up of the windows explorer like
      > > > structure , move up the directory and select the desired file
      > > > without using 'tab' to navigate.Any suggestions?
    • darnitshardtofindausername
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 15, 2005
        Any news on this function?
        I would love to have something like this too.
        Keep up the good work.

        Thanks
        Andreas.

        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 16, 2005
          The CVS build of Win32::GuiTest has several functions to support
          these 32bit custom controls: SysTreeView32, SysTabControl32,
          SysListView32.. You can find the build at
          http://dkpinteractive.ath.cx

          --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "darnitshardtofindausername"

          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 16, 2005
            <ctrondlpaulsden@y...> wrote:

            > The CVS build of Win32::GuiTest has several functions to support
            > these 32bit custom controls: SysTreeView32, SysTabControl32,
            > SysListView32.. You can find the build at
            > http://dkpinteractive.ath.cx

            Hi,
            Can you place it in Source Forge file release system? It would be
            easier for all of us if we have one place to look for the most recent
            releases.

            And again, it would be good to use tags in CVS project. It would help
            to track changes in releases and differentiate between stable and
            development releases. Using them is really simple. I would be happy to
            help, if it's needed.