Re: [perlguitest] Re: Windows explorer automation

  • mohamed rafeek
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 8, 2004
      Hai guys,
      This is rafeek.i upload tools for treeview(SysTreeView32) controls and listview (SysListView32)controls.using this tools,
      u can get columns value of treeview controls and iterate the treeview controls.

      if anybody have doubt,plz mail me.

      ftp://64.156.241.133/listview.exe
      ftp://64.156.241.133/treeview.exe

      username :- rafeekvsj
      password:- amrvsj

      Samlpe Code:-

      For ListView

      listview -help;

      -w Window name
      [-c] Column number Default value=0
      [-l] location index 0,1,2,

      my $list=`$root\\Utilities\\ListView.exe -w Found New Hardware Wizard`;
      my @lists= split("#",$list);
      for(my $i=0; $i<$#lists; $i++)
      {
      if($lists[$i]=~/Network adapters/i)
      {
      SendKeys("{HOME}");
      SendKeys("{DOWN}"x$i);
      last;

      For TreeView:-

      treeview -help

      -w Window name
      [-r] root name

      my @list=`$root\\treeview.exe -w "Device Manager"`;
      foreach(@list)
      {
      print "$_\n";
      }

      With Regards.,

      Rafeek.,

      snikki326 <snikki326@...> wrote:

      Dennis,

      This is a great idea. What would it take to make it?

      Wouldn't this be more efficient than using send-keys?

      <ctrondlpaulsden@y...> wrote:

      > Hello,
      >
      > Windows Explorer uses a SysTreeView32 control. There are no
      > instructions in Win32::GuiTest "at this time", that will operate
      on
      > a SysTreeView32 directly... As it is now, one generally has to
      use
      > SendKeys...
      >
      > If there is interest in adding support for SysTreeView32,
      > SysListView32, and other 32bit controls to Win32::GuiTest, I can
      do
      > so with donations (hardware, monetary, etc.)...

      > --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "nandini_mukherjee"
      > <nandini_mukherjee@y...> wrote:
      > >

      > > I am trying to automate a software using GuiTest. I am at a
      loss
      > > trying to automate opening up of the windows explorer like
      > > structure , move up the directory and select the desired file
      > > without using 'tab' to navigate.Any suggestions?

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 8, 2004
        Hello,
        I'm working on it right now, no memory-mapped files or additional
        dependencies needed thus far. :-) I've prototyped a Win32::GuiTest
        with SysListView32 support and now I'm on to SysTabControl32, etc,
        etc.

        If you have anything to donate to this cause, feel free to contact
        me.

        Regards,
        Dennis
        --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "snikki326" <snikki326@y...>
        wrote:

        > Dennis,
        >
        > This is a great idea. What would it take to make it?
        >
        > Wouldn't this be more efficient than using send-keys?

        > --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "Dennis K. Paulsen"
        > <ctrondlpaulsden@y...> wrote:
        > >

        > > Hello,
        > >
        > > Windows Explorer uses a SysTreeView32 control. There are no
        > > instructions in Win32::GuiTest "at this time", that will operate
        > on
        > > a SysTreeView32 directly... As it is now, one generally has to
        > use
        > > SendKeys...
        > >
        > > If there is interest in adding support for SysTreeView32,
        > > SysListView32, and other 32bit controls to Win32::GuiTest, I can
        > do
        > > so with donations (hardware, monetary, etc.)...
        > >
        > > Regards,
        > >
        > > --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "nandini_mukherjee"
        > > <nandini_mukherjee@y...> wrote:
        > > >

        > > > I am trying to automate a software using GuiTest. I am at a
        > loss
        > > > trying to automate opening up of the windows explorer like
        > > > structure , move up the directory and select the desired file
        > > > without using 'tab' to navigate.Any suggestions?
      • darnitshardtofindausername
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 15, 2005
          Any news on this function?
          I would love to have something like this too.
          Keep up the good work.

          Thanks
          Andreas.

          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 16, 2005
            The CVS build of Win32::GuiTest has several functions to support
            these 32bit custom controls: SysTreeView32, SysTabControl32,
            SysListView32.. You can find the build at
            http://dkpinteractive.ath.cx

            --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "darnitshardtofindausername"

            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 16, 2005
              <ctrondlpaulsden@y...> wrote:

              > The CVS build of Win32::GuiTest has several functions to support
              > these 32bit custom controls: SysTreeView32, SysTabControl32,
              > SysListView32.. You can find the build at
              > http://dkpinteractive.ath.cx

              Hi,
              Can you place it in Source Forge file release system? It would be
              easier for all of us if we have one place to look for the most recent
              releases.

              And again, it would be good to use tags in CVS project. It would help
              to track changes in releases and differentiate between stable and
              development releases. Using them is really simple. I would be happy to
              help, if it's needed.