Re: Win32-GuiTest for ActivePerl 5.8.4 ?

  • prramya
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 5, 2004
      Hi gilberth,
      U could follow the below steps to get it done...
      Steps to install Win32:GUI in Windows 2k

      1.Download the Win32:GUI1.50.2-ad.zip file(from
      http://search.cpan.org/dist/Win32-GuiTest/)
      2.Since Windows has no make, which is needed to build the Perl
      modules,
      you have to download NMake 1.5 from the Microsoft Knowledge Base,
      article 132084 page
      3.Nmake needs cl.exe(Compiler) & link.exe(Linker). These files are
      available in Microsoft Visual Studio.
      Hence copy those & place it in C:\Perl\bin
      4.NMake1.5 is a self extractable exe, which will provide 3 files
      (nmake.exe, nmake.err, and readme.txt).
      Move nmake.* to c:\perl\bin .
      5.Provide appropriate Environment variables (PATH,INCLUDE & LIB) so
      that it points to the
      perl directories correctly.
      6.Now execute the following commands
      // This batch file comes with MS Visual Studio. Running
      // it first might help with various compilation problems.
      vcvars32.bat perl makefile.pl
      nmake
      nmake test
      nmake install
      Once you have extracted the files enter the directory of your
      machine, enter PPM and do like this:
      C:\TEMP>ppm
      PPM interactive shell (2.0) - type 'help' for available commands.
      PPM> install C:\temp\win32-guitest.ppd
      Install package 'C:\temp\win32-guitest.ppd?' (y/N): Y
      Retrieving package 'C:\temp\win32-guitest.ppd'...
      Writing C:\Perl\site\lib\auto\Win32\GuiTest\.packlist

      ERRORS:
      While installing u may come across with the following errors:
      1. NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'cl.exe' : return code '0x2'
      2.NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '..\..\..\ob\bin\idl.exe' : return
      code '0x1'
      To get resolved, check the Environment variables & also make sure
      that u have Cl.exe & Link.exe & Nmake.exe, Nmake.err files in
      Perl\bin folder.

      Get back to me, if u have any errors..

      Regds
      Ramya