making this thing work

  • a_c_attlee
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 4, 2004
      Thanks in advance for any info on this:

      with the version available via ppm from active-state,
      I cannot get at the text in a RICHEDIT box. (I am not a windows
      gui programmer).

      The setup is this:

      test app: a window called 'Summary' pops up with a docked (but
      independent
      and separable) text widget which spy says is an titleless, class
      RICHEDIT widget. I cannot , however, findwindow it if I set the
      class param to 'RICHEDIT' ???
      and no matter what I get back all I ever see when I :
      map { print GetWindowText($_) ,"\n"; } @found

      window title text ???

      I downloaded the 1.49.2 package from here and tried to
      install with ppm (had to remove the existing one - apparently
      ppm doesn't understand minor revision numbers???) and
      ppm said 'no suitable target for install' 'target' ??
      I was sitting in c:/perl/bin doing ./ppm.bat as I always do???

      Is it possible to read the RICHEDIT widget text
      with the old version I got from active-state.??
    • Chris Hilton
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 4, 2004
        Try using WMGetText($_); works for me on a RICHEDIT window.

        Chris

      • a_c_attlee
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 4, 2004
          --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, Chris Hilton <chilton@n...> wrote:
          > Try using WMGetText($_); works for me on a RICHEDIT window.
          >
          > Chris

          hmmm... I tried that too, I think I am somehow not supplying the
          correct handles and/or other params. Maybe I am using the wrong
          data from WinSpy .
        • a_c_attlee
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 4, 2004
            yes, it has to do with my having traversed the wrong things.
            Nopw I can get at the text I was trying to capture. Cool tool!