Re: Windows explorer automation

    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 3, 2004
      Hello,

      Windows Explorer uses a SysTreeView32 control. There are no
      instructions in Win32::GuiTest "at this time", that will operate on
      a SysTreeView32 directly... As it is now, one generally has to use
      SendKeys...

      If there is interest in adding support for SysTreeView32,
      SysListView32, and other 32bit controls to Win32::GuiTest, I can do
      so with donations (hardware, monetary, etc.)...

      --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "nandini_mukherjee"
      <nandini_mukherjee@y...> wrote:

      > I am trying to automate a software using GuiTest. I am at a loss
      > trying to automate opening up of the windows explorer like
      > structure , move up the directory and select the desired file
      > without using 'tab' to navigate.Any suggestions?
    • snikki326
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 8, 2004
        Dennis,

        This is a great idea. What would it take to make it?

        Wouldn't this be more efficient than using send-keys?

        <ctrondlpaulsden@y...> wrote:

        > Hello,
        >
        > Windows Explorer uses a SysTreeView32 control. There are no
        > instructions in Win32::GuiTest "at this time", that will operate
        on
        > a SysTreeView32 directly... As it is now, one generally has to
        use
        > SendKeys...
        >
        > If there is interest in adding support for SysTreeView32,
        > SysListView32, and other 32bit controls to Win32::GuiTest, I can
        do
        > so with donations (hardware, monetary, etc.)...

        > --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "nandini_mukherjee"
        > <nandini_mukherjee@y...> wrote:
        > >

        > > I am trying to automate a software using GuiTest. I am at a
        loss
        > > trying to automate opening up of the windows explorer like
        > > structure , move up the directory and select the desired file
        > > without using 'tab' to navigate.Any suggestions?
      • mohamed rafeek
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 8, 2004
          Hai guys,
          This is rafeek.i upload tools for treeview(SysTreeView32) controls and listview (SysListView32)controls.using this tools,
          u can get columns value of treeview controls and iterate the treeview controls.

          if anybody have doubt,plz mail me.

          ftp://64.156.241.133/listview.exe
          ftp://64.156.241.133/treeview.exe

          username :- rafeekvsj
          password:- amrvsj

          Samlpe Code:-

          For ListView

          listview -help;

          -w Window name
          [-c] Column number Default value=0
          [-l] location index 0,1,2,

          my $list=`$root\\Utilities\\ListView.exe -w Found New Hardware Wizard`;
          my @lists= split("#",$list);
          for(my $i=0; $i<$#lists; $i++)
          {
          if($lists[$i]=~/Network adapters/i)
          {
          SendKeys("{HOME}");
          SendKeys("{DOWN}"x$i);
          last;

          For TreeView:-

          treeview -help

          -w Window name
          [-r] root name

          my @list=`$root\\treeview.exe -w "Device Manager"`;
          foreach(@list)
          {
          print "$_\n";
          }

          With Regards.,

          Rafeek.,

          <ctrondlpaulsden@y...> wrote:

          > Hello,
          >
          > Windows Explorer uses a SysTreeView32 control. There are no
          > instructions in Win32::GuiTest "at this time", that will operate
          on
          > a SysTreeView32 directly... As it is now, one generally has to
          use
          > SendKeys...
          >
          > If there is interest in adding support for SysTreeView32,
          > SysListView32, and other 32bit controls to Win32::GuiTest, I can
          do
          > so with donations (hardware, monetary, etc.)...

          > --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "nandini_mukherjee"
          > <nandini_mukherjee@y...> wrote:
          > >

          > > I am trying to automate a software using GuiTest. I am at a
          loss
          > > trying to automate opening up of the windows explorer like
          > > structure , move up the directory and select the desired file
          > > without using 'tab' to navigate.Any suggestions?

          Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 8, 2004
            Hello,
            I'm working on it right now, no memory-mapped files or additional
            dependencies needed thus far. :-) I've prototyped a Win32::GuiTest
            with SysListView32 support and now I'm on to SysTabControl32, etc,
            etc.

            If you have anything to donate to this cause, feel free to contact
            me.

            Regards,
            Dennis
            --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "snikki326" <snikki326@y...>
            wrote:

            > Dennis,
            >
            > This is a great idea. What would it take to make it?
            >
            > Wouldn't this be more efficient than using send-keys?

            > --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "Dennis K. Paulsen"
            > <ctrondlpaulsden@y...> wrote:
            > >

            > > Hello,
            > >
            > > Windows Explorer uses a SysTreeView32 control. There are no
            > > instructions in Win32::GuiTest "at this time", that will operate
            > on
            > > a SysTreeView32 directly... As it is now, one generally has to
            > use
            > > SendKeys...
            > >
            > > If there is interest in adding support for SysTreeView32,
            > > SysListView32, and other 32bit controls to Win32::GuiTest, I can
            > do
            > > so with donations (hardware, monetary, etc.)...
            > >
            > > Regards,
            > >
            > > --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "nandini_mukherjee"
            > > <nandini_mukherjee@y...> wrote:
            > > >

            > > > I am trying to automate a software using GuiTest. I am at a
            > loss
            > > > trying to automate opening up of the windows explorer like
            > > > structure , move up the directory and select the desired file
            > > > without using 'tab' to navigate.Any suggestions?
          • darnitshardtofindausername
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 15, 2005
              Any news on this function?
              I would love to have something like this too.
              Keep up the good work.

              Thanks
              Andreas.

              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 16, 2005
                The CVS build of Win32::GuiTest has several functions to support
                these 32bit custom controls: SysTreeView32, SysTabControl32,
                SysListView32.. You can find the build at
                http://dkpinteractive.ath.cx

                --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "darnitshardtofindausername"

                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 16, 2005
                  <ctrondlpaulsden@y...> wrote:

                  > The CVS build of Win32::GuiTest has several functions to support
                  > these 32bit custom controls: SysTreeView32, SysTabControl32,
                  > SysListView32.. You can find the build at
                  > http://dkpinteractive.ath.cx

                  Hi,
                  Can you place it in Source Forge file release system? It would be
                  easier for all of us if we have one place to look for the most recent
                  releases.

                  And again, it would be good to use tags in CVS project. It would help
                  to track changes in releases and differentiate between stable and
                  development releases. Using them is really simple. I would be happy to
                  help, if it's needed.