Windows explorer automation

  • nandini_mukherjee
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 26, 2004
      I am trying to automate a software using GuiTest. I am at a loss
      trying to automate opening up of the windows explorer like
      structure , move up the directory and select the desired file
      without using 'tab' to navigate.Any suggestions?
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 3, 2004
        Hello,

        Windows Explorer uses a SysTreeView32 control. There are no
        instructions in Win32::GuiTest "at this time", that will operate on
        a SysTreeView32 directly... As it is now, one generally has to use
        SendKeys...

        If there is interest in adding support for SysTreeView32,
        SysListView32, and other 32bit controls to Win32::GuiTest, I can do
        so with donations (hardware, monetary, etc.)...

        --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "nandini_mukherjee"
        <nandini_mukherjee@y...> wrote:

        > I am trying to automate a software using GuiTest. I am at a loss
        > trying to automate opening up of the windows explorer like
        > structure , move up the directory and select the desired file
        > without using 'tab' to navigate.Any suggestions?
      • snikki326
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 8, 2004
          Dennis,

          This is a great idea. What would it take to make it?

          Wouldn't this be more efficient than using send-keys?

          <ctrondlpaulsden@y...> wrote:

          > Hello,
          >
          > Windows Explorer uses a SysTreeView32 control. There are no
          > instructions in Win32::GuiTest "at this time", that will operate
          on
          > a SysTreeView32 directly... As it is now, one generally has to
          use
          > SendKeys...
          >
          > If there is interest in adding support for SysTreeView32,
          > SysListView32, and other 32bit controls to Win32::GuiTest, I can
          do
          > so with donations (hardware, monetary, etc.)...

          > --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "nandini_mukherjee"
          > <nandini_mukherjee@y...> wrote:
          > >

          > > I am trying to automate a software using GuiTest. I am at a
          loss
          > > trying to automate opening up of the windows explorer like
          > > structure , move up the directory and select the desired file
          > > without using 'tab' to navigate.Any suggestions?
        • mohamed rafeek
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 8, 2004
            Hai guys,
            This is rafeek.i upload tools for treeview(SysTreeView32) controls and listview (SysListView32)controls.using this tools,
            u can get columns value of treeview controls and iterate the treeview controls.

            if anybody have doubt,plz mail me.

            ftp://64.156.241.133/listview.exe
            ftp://64.156.241.133/treeview.exe

            username :- rafeekvsj
            password:- amrvsj

            Samlpe Code:-

            For ListView

            listview -help;

            -w Window name
            [-c] Column number Default value=0
            [-l] location index 0,1,2,

            my $list=`$root\\Utilities\\ListView.exe -w Found New Hardware Wizard`;
            my @lists= split("#",$list);
            for(my $i=0; $i<$#lists; $i++)
            {
            if($lists[$i]=~/Network adapters/i)
            {
            SendKeys("{HOME}");
            SendKeys("{DOWN}"x$i);
            last;

            For TreeView:-

            treeview -help

            -w Window name
            [-r] root name

            my @list=`$root\\treeview.exe -w "Device Manager"`;
            foreach(@list)
            {
            print "$_\n";
            }

            With Regards.,

            Rafeek.,

            <ctrondlpaulsden@y...> wrote:

            > Hello,
            >
            > Windows Explorer uses a SysTreeView32 control. There are no
            > instructions in Win32::GuiTest "at this time", that will operate
            on
            > a SysTreeView32 directly... As it is now, one generally has to
            use
            > SendKeys...
            >
            > If there is interest in adding support for SysTreeView32,
            > SysListView32, and other 32bit controls to Win32::GuiTest, I can
            do
            > so with donations (hardware, monetary, etc.)...

            > --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "nandini_mukherjee"
            > <nandini_mukherjee@y...> wrote:
            > >

            > > I am trying to automate a software using GuiTest. I am at a
            loss
            > > trying to automate opening up of the windows explorer like
            > > structure , move up the directory and select the desired file
            > > without using 'tab' to navigate.Any suggestions?

            Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 8, 2004
              Hello,
              I'm working on it right now, no memory-mapped files or additional
              dependencies needed thus far. :-) I've prototyped a Win32::GuiTest
              with SysListView32 support and now I'm on to SysTabControl32, etc,
              etc.

              If you have anything to donate to this cause, feel free to contact
              me.

              Regards,
              Dennis
              --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "snikki326" <snikki326@y...>
              wrote:

              > Dennis,
              >
              > This is a great idea. What would it take to make it?
              >
              > Wouldn't this be more efficient than using send-keys?

              > --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "Dennis K. Paulsen"
              > <ctrondlpaulsden@y...> wrote:
              > >

              > > Hello,
              > >
              > > Windows Explorer uses a SysTreeView32 control. There are no
              > > instructions in Win32::GuiTest "at this time", that will operate
              > on
              > > a SysTreeView32 directly... As it is now, one generally has to
              > use
              > > SendKeys...
              > >
              > > If there is interest in adding support for SysTreeView32,
              > > SysListView32, and other 32bit controls to Win32::GuiTest, I can
              > do
              > > so with donations (hardware, monetary, etc.)...
              > >
              > > Regards,
              > >
              > > --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "nandini_mukherjee"
              > > <nandini_mukherjee@y...> wrote:
              > > >

              > > > I am trying to automate a software using GuiTest. I am at a
              > loss
              > > > trying to automate opening up of the windows explorer like
              > > > structure , move up the directory and select the desired file
              > > > without using 'tab' to navigate.Any suggestions?
            • darnitshardtofindausername
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 15, 2005
                Any news on this function?
                I would love to have something like this too.
                Keep up the good work.

                Thanks
                Andreas.

                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 16, 2005
                  The CVS build of Win32::GuiTest has several functions to support
                  these 32bit custom controls: SysTreeView32, SysTabControl32,
                  SysListView32.. You can find the build at
                  http://dkpinteractive.ath.cx

                  --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "darnitshardtofindausername"

                  Message 8 of 8 , Jan 16, 2005
                    <ctrondlpaulsden@y...> wrote:

                    > The CVS build of Win32::GuiTest has several functions to support
                    > these 32bit custom controls: SysTreeView32, SysTabControl32,
                    > SysListView32.. You can find the build at
                    > http://dkpinteractive.ath.cx

                    Hi,
                    Can you place it in Source Forge file release system? It would be
                    easier for all of us if we have one place to look for the most recent
                    releases.

                    And again, it would be good to use tags in CVS project. It would help
                    to track changes in releases and differentiate between stable and
                    development releases. Using them is really simple. I would be happy to
                    help, if it's needed.