Re: Win32-GuiTest for ActivePerl 5.8.4 ?

  • gilbertho21
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 14, 2004
      Sorry, I was not specific. I downloaded and installed ActivePerl
      5.8.4.810. But when I ran a test script like:
      #

      use Win32::GuiTest;

      I got the following error:
      Can't locate Win32/GuiTest.pm in @INC (@INC contains: C:/Perl/lib
      C:/Perl/site/l
      ib .) at ex.pl line 3.

      So I assume I need to install Win32::GuiTest. I need some helpl on
      which version of GuiTest to install, and hopefully, some
      instructions on how to install it on ActivePerl.

      Thanks,
      Gilbert

      <gilbertho21@y...>
      > wrote:
      > >

      > > Any one installed/built successfully ? If so, please share the
      > > details.
      > >
      > > Thanks,
      > > Gilbert
    • Gabor Szabo
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 15, 2004
        On Thu, 14 Oct 2004, gilbertho21 wrote:

        > Sorry, I was not specific. I downloaded and installed ActivePerl
        > 5.8.4.810. But when I ran a test script like:

        while from your other posting I guess you already managed to install
        Win32::GuiTest let me put it here for the search engines

        c:> ppm install Win32::GuiTest

        will get you the one that ActiveState allredy built while you can also
        go to CPAN and download a newer version:

        http://search.cpan.org/dist/Win32-GuiTest/

        Gabor
        http://www.szabgab.com/
      • prramya
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 5, 2004
          Hi gilberth,
          U could follow the below steps to get it done...
          Steps to install Win32:GUI in Windows 2k

          1.Download the Win32:GUI1.50.2-ad.zip file(from
          http://search.cpan.org/dist/Win32-GuiTest/)
          2.Since Windows has no make, which is needed to build the Perl
          modules,
          you have to download NMake 1.5 from the Microsoft Knowledge Base,
          article 132084 page
          3.Nmake needs cl.exe(Compiler) & link.exe(Linker). These files are
          available in Microsoft Visual Studio.
          Hence copy those & place it in C:\Perl\bin
          4.NMake1.5 is a self extractable exe, which will provide 3 files
          (nmake.exe, nmake.err, and readme.txt).
          Move nmake.* to c:\perl\bin .
          5.Provide appropriate Environment variables (PATH,INCLUDE & LIB) so
          that it points to the
          perl directories correctly.
          6.Now execute the following commands
          // This batch file comes with MS Visual Studio. Running
          // it first might help with various compilation problems.
          vcvars32.bat perl makefile.pl
          nmake
          nmake test
          nmake install
          Once you have extracted the files enter the directory of your
          machine, enter PPM and do like this:
          C:\TEMP>ppm
          PPM interactive shell (2.0) - type 'help' for available commands.
          PPM> install C:\temp\win32-guitest.ppd
          Install package 'C:\temp\win32-guitest.ppd?' (y/N): Y
          Retrieving package 'C:\temp\win32-guitest.ppd'...
          Writing C:\Perl\site\lib\auto\Win32\GuiTest\.packlist

          ERRORS:
          While installing u may come across with the following errors:
          1. NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'cl.exe' : return code '0x2'
          2.NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '..\..\..\ob\bin\idl.exe' : return
          code '0x1'
          To get resolved, check the Environment variables & also make sure
          that u have Cl.exe & Link.exe & Nmake.exe, Nmake.err files in
          Perl\bin folder.

          Get back to me, if u have any errors..

          Regds
          Ramya