Re: Win32-GuiTest for ActivePerl 5.8.4 ?

    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 13, 2004
      Hi,
      Considering the contents of your post, I am assuming that you had
      problems installing it. You would make helping you much easier if you
      provided details of problems you have.

      -Piotr

      --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "gilbertho21" <gilbertho21@y...>
      wrote:

      > Any one installed/built successfully ? If so, please share the
      > details.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Gilbert
    • gilbertho21
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 14, 2004
        Sorry, I was not specific. I downloaded and installed ActivePerl
        5.8.4.810. But when I ran a test script like:
        #

        use Win32::GuiTest;

        I got the following error:
        Can't locate Win32/GuiTest.pm in @INC (@INC contains: C:/Perl/lib
        C:/Perl/site/l
        ib .) at ex.pl line 3.

        So I assume I need to install Win32::GuiTest. I need some helpl on
        which version of GuiTest to install, and hopefully, some
        instructions on how to install it on ActivePerl.

        Thanks,
        Gilbert

        --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "pkaluski" <pkaluski@p...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        > Considering the contents of your post, I am assuming that you had
        > problems installing it. You would make helping you much easier if
        you
        > provided details of problems you have.
        >
        > -Piotr
        >
        > --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "gilbertho21"
        <gilbertho21@y...>
        > wrote:
        > >

        > > Any one installed/built successfully ? If so, please share the
        > > details.
        > >
        > > Thanks,
        > > Gilbert
      • Gabor Szabo
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 15, 2004
          On Thu, 14 Oct 2004, gilbertho21 wrote:

          > Sorry, I was not specific. I downloaded and installed ActivePerl
          > 5.8.4.810. But when I ran a test script like:

          while from your other posting I guess you already managed to install
          Win32::GuiTest let me put it here for the search engines

          c:> ppm install Win32::GuiTest

          will get you the one that ActiveState allredy built while you can also
          go to CPAN and download a newer version:

          http://search.cpan.org/dist/Win32-GuiTest/

          Gabor
          http://www.szabgab.com/
        • prramya
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 5, 2004
            Hi gilberth,
            U could follow the below steps to get it done...
            Steps to install Win32:GUI in Windows 2k

            1.Download the Win32:GUI1.50.2-ad.zip file(from
            http://search.cpan.org/dist/Win32-GuiTest/)
            2.Since Windows has no make, which is needed to build the Perl
            modules,
            you have to download NMake 1.5 from the Microsoft Knowledge Base,
            article 132084 page
            3.Nmake needs cl.exe(Compiler) & link.exe(Linker). These files are
            available in Microsoft Visual Studio.
            Hence copy those & place it in C:\Perl\bin
            4.NMake1.5 is a self extractable exe, which will provide 3 files
            (nmake.exe, nmake.err, and readme.txt).
            Move nmake.* to c:\perl\bin .
            5.Provide appropriate Environment variables (PATH,INCLUDE & LIB) so
            that it points to the
            perl directories correctly.
            6.Now execute the following commands
            // This batch file comes with MS Visual Studio. Running
            // it first might help with various compilation problems.
            vcvars32.bat perl makefile.pl
            nmake
            nmake test
            nmake install
            Once you have extracted the files enter the directory of your
            machine, enter PPM and do like this:
            C:\TEMP>ppm
            PPM interactive shell (2.0) - type 'help' for available commands.
            PPM> install C:\temp\win32-guitest.ppd
            Install package 'C:\temp\win32-guitest.ppd?' (y/N): Y
            Retrieving package 'C:\temp\win32-guitest.ppd'...
            Writing C:\Perl\site\lib\auto\Win32\GuiTest\.packlist

            ERRORS:
            While installing u may come across with the following errors:
            1. NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'cl.exe' : return code '0x2'
            2.NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '..\..\..\ob\bin\idl.exe' : return
            code '0x1'
            To get resolved, check the Environment variables & also make sure
            that u have Cl.exe & Link.exe & Nmake.exe, Nmake.err files in
            Perl\bin folder.

            Get back to me, if u have any errors..

            Regds
            Ramya