Re: Tutorial on basics of GUI test is available

    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 3, 2004
      --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "Jacob Glide" <astonv1@h...> wrote:

      > In the tutorial, you say that NT or above is required? i run GUITest
      on my
      > Win98 box all the time, i believe there are a few things you can't
      do under
      > Win98 with GUITest, but it would be nice if you wouldn't exclude 98 all
      > together, i mean, all the samples you feature in your tutorial i can
      do on
      > my box
      >
      > --Aston

      No offence intended :)
      I don't mind mentioning Win98 in my tutorial. However, I am not that
      familiar with several versions of Windows to know what works on which
      version. I am writing about W2K and XP because I could test it. But if
      nobody minds, I can mention that the tutorial also works for Win98
      -Piotr
    • Gabor Szabo
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 3, 2004
        On Sun, 3 Oct 2004, pkaluski wrote:

        > > You might want to give simple instructions on where to get perl and
        > > how to install Win32::GuiTest, both from ActiveState using ppm
        > > and the alternate distribution from CPAN.
        > >
        > You are right. BTW, one comment. I would make one distribution only.

        I agree.
        We should just persuade Dennis to upload a new version to CPAN.

        If Ernesto and Dennis agree I'd be ready to do that.
        They just have to give me co-author rights via PAUSE.
        my PAUSE id is SZABGAB.

        First I'd upload a developer version to CPAN (with an underscore in the
        name) and then I real version.

        In any case the sourceforge project is currently the only one under (some)
        development.

        regards
        Gabor
      • Jacob Glide
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 3, 2004
          id be more than happy to test any scripts your write for tutorials for 9x
          compatibility, so you can say for sure if they work on 9x machines, btw no
          offense taken :)

          >From: "pkaluski" <pkaluski@...>
          >To: perlguitest@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: [perlguitest] Re: Tutorial on basics of GUI test is available
          >Date: Sun, 03 Oct 2004 17:51:27 -0000
          >

          >--- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "Jacob Glide" <astonv1@h...> wrote:
          > >
          > > In the tutorial, you say that NT or above is required? i run GUITest
          >on my
          > > Win98 box all the time, i believe there are a few things you can't
          >do under
          > > Win98 with GUITest, but it would be nice if you wouldn't exclude 98 all
          > > together, i mean, all the samples you feature in your tutorial i can
          >do on
          > > my box
          > >
          > > --Aston
          > >

          >No offence intended :)
          >I don't mind mentioning Win98 in my tutorial. However, I am not that
          >familiar with several versions of Windows to know what works on which
          >version. I am writing about W2K and XP because I could test it. But if
          >nobody minds, I can mention that the tutorial also works for Win98
          >-Piotr

        • Gabor Szabo
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 3, 2004
            On Sun, 3 Oct 2004, Jacob Glide wrote:

            > id be more than happy to test any scripts your write for tutorials for 9x
            > compatibility, so you can say for sure if they work on 9x machines, btw no
            > offense taken :)

            While I am not the one writing the tutorials, I'd be glad if
            you tested (and patched if needed) the example scripts in the
            CVS repository:

            http://sourceforge.net/projects/winguitest/
            http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/winguitest/Win32-GuiTest/eg/

            regards
            Gabor
          • Jacob Glide
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 4, 2004
              Great! i'll have to get to trying those out right after today then :)