Error: no suitable installation target found for package Win32-GuiTest.

  • dwaynekuan
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 3, 2004
      ok, I've read that in order to get the "make" method to work i need
      Visual C++. unfortunately i don't have that, so i have to resort to
      the ppm method.

      unfortunately I'm getting "Error: no suitable installation target
      found for package Win32-GuiTest." when i try that method with
      Activestate Perl 5.8.4.810.

      anyone know how to proceed?
    • dwaynekuan
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 3, 2004
        --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "dwaynekuan" <misc@e...> wrote:

        > ok, I've read that in order to get the "make" method to work i need
        > Visual C++. unfortunately i don't have that, so i have to resort to
        > the ppm method.
        >
        > unfortunately I'm getting "Error: no suitable installation target
        > found for package Win32-GuiTest." when i try that method with
        > Activestate Perl 5.8.4.810.
        >
        > anyone know how to proceed?

        digging a lil deeper into the messages i found that Dennis K. Paulsen
        did test 1.50.2-ad and it does indeed work with Activestate Perl
        5.8.4.810 via ppm. thanks Dennis! the message is at: