Re: PushChildButton problems

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 24 11:53 PM
      I had the same problem. And I believe I have found the reason why it
      happens. I placed a detailed explanation on my website. Have a look:
      http://www.piotrkaluski.com/automation/gui/carfl_pushcb.html

      --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "chobitex" <chobitex@y...> wrote:
      > Hello,
      >
      > I have been using the GuiTest package for automation data
      gathering.
      > I have noticed that the PushChildButton() function is inconsitant,
      > and occationally will only highlight the button (have the cursor
      end
      > up on it) but not have the action caused by pushing the button
      > actually occur.
      >
      > I have also noticed that this function *will* allow a button to be
      > pushed that is inactive (with the text faded out), which *does*
      cause
      > the action associated to the button to happen (even while the
      button
      > is disabled) causing... interesting results to say the least.
      >
      > Has anyone else noticed this, or had problems with inconstancy in
      the
      > PushChildButton function? I have had to replace this function with
      > mouse clicks.
      >
      > Thank you,
      > ~Mike~ (ChobitEX@h...)
    • Coleman Tom
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 30 1:16 PM
        nice article.

        interesting how the id and window text can get mixed up

        Some languages allow you to specify if the value being provided is a handle,
        id, or caption with a special character that precedes the value.

        PushChildButton( $parrent, "=5436" ); # control handle
        PushChildButton( $parrent, "#5436" ); # control ID
        PushChildButton( $parrent, "@5436" ); # control ordinal ( tab order )
        PushChildButton( $parrent, "5436" ); # control caption

        I would suggest not using this secret code, but rather add another optional
        argument, so one can specify what to look for.

        I had the same problem. And I believe I have found the reason why it
        happens. I placed a detailed explanation on my website. Have a look:
        http://www.piotrkaluski.com/automation/gui/carfl_pushcb.html
        <http://www.piotrkaluski.com/automation/gui/carfl_pushcb.html>

        --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "chobitex" <chobitex@y...> wrote:
        > Hello,
        >
        > I have been using the GuiTest package for automation data
        gathering.
        > I have noticed that the PushChildButton() function is inconsitant,

        Thank you