Re: finding window id

  • Danny R. Faught
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 14, 2004
      I recently wrote a review of MWSnap for Open Testware Reviews, and found
      that it includes a "Window Info Tool" that shows coordinates, class
      name, and handle for the windows and other objects that you point to.
      It's freeware - http://www.mirekw.com/winfreeware/mwsnap.html.

      Not sure what you'd do with that kind of tool, though, since for
      automated testing you need a programmatic way to find the handle.

      By the way, I recently subscribed to this list because I'm giving a
      presentation on keyword-driven testing, and I have a simple demo using
      Win32::GuiTest. Has anyone explored interfacing a keyword tool like
      SAFS to Win32::GuiTest? These tools tend to only support commercial
      test tools like WinRunner.
      --
      Danny R. Faught
      Tejas Software Consulting