RE: [perlguitest] finding window id

  • Stuart Arnold
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 12, 2004
      SPY++ is the basic one to use, however, "Winspector" does a much better
      job and its free.
      here's the link
      http://www.windows-spy.com/
      there's a lot in it, much nicer than spy++
      enjoy. (PS: I'm not the author of it)

      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 12, 2004
        yes, ive used that before. i couldnt remember that name. last time i used it
        it was a big resource hog for me, but then again im working on a very slow
        machine

        >From: "Stuart Arnold" <stuart.arnold@...>
        >To: <perlguitest@yahoogroups.com>
        >Subject: RE: [perlguitest] finding window id
        >Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 15:38:31 -0400
        >
        >SPY++ is the basic one to use, however, "Winspector" does a much better
        >job and its free.
        >here's the link
        >http://www.windows-spy.com/
        >there's a lot in it, much nicer than spy++
        >enjoy. (PS: I'm not the author of it)

      • Danny R. Faught
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 14, 2004
          I recently wrote a review of MWSnap for Open Testware Reviews, and found
          that it includes a "Window Info Tool" that shows coordinates, class
          name, and handle for the windows and other objects that you point to.
          It's freeware - http://www.mirekw.com/winfreeware/mwsnap.html.

          Not sure what you'd do with that kind of tool, though, since for
          automated testing you need a programmatic way to find the handle.

          By the way, I recently subscribed to this list because I'm giving a
          presentation on keyword-driven testing, and I have a simple demo using
          Win32::GuiTest. Has anyone explored interfacing a keyword tool like
          SAFS to Win32::GuiTest? These tools tend to only support commercial
          test tools like WinRunner.
          --
          Danny R. Faught
          Tejas Software Consulting