Re: Perl GUI Function Clarification

  • coolrobd
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 13, 2004

      First question I'll let the experts answer.

      Second quesion on the other hand I am more than qualified to answer.
      SendMessage sends commands to a window via a window handle.

      Now depending on what you want to do, determines whether you want to
      use SendMessage, or PostMessage, you will find PostMessage far more
      reliable though. If you are wanting to send text to a window let me
      know as I now everything than can go wrong and can supply code if you
      want to do this.

      --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, Nagarajan M <naga_cit@y...> wrote:

      > Hi All,
      >
      > I have few basic questions on Perl GUI Test module.
      >
      > 1. What does the SendRawKey? What is the differnce between sendkeys
      and sendrawkey?

      > 2. Whats the purpose of SendMessage command? Where can we use this
      function? and so as SendToClient and ClientToScreen.