Perl GUI Function Clarification

  • Nagarajan M
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 10, 2004
      Hi All,

      I have few basic questions on Perl GUI Test module.

      1. What does the SendRawKey? What is the differnce between sendkeys and sendrawkey?

      2. Whats the purpose of SendMessage command? Where can we use this function? and so as SendToClient and ClientToScreen.

      Thanks,

      Nagarajan

    • coolrobd
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 13, 2004

        First question I'll let the experts answer.

        Second quesion on the other hand I am more than qualified to answer.
        SendMessage sends commands to a window via a window handle.

        Now depending on what you want to do, determines whether you want to
        use SendMessage, or PostMessage, you will find PostMessage far more
        reliable though. If you are wanting to send text to a window let me
        know as I now everything than can go wrong and can supply code if you
        want to do this.