RE: [perlguitest] compiling Win32::GuiTest using .NET SDK

  • Chris Hilton
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 19, 2004
      I'm fairly positive you'll need Visual Studio with Visual C++ to compile; I
      don't think there's any way the .NET SDK will cut it.

      Chris Hilton

      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 19, 2004
        Thanks for the answers.

        In the meantime, with the help of Google and other mailing lists[1]
        I could already compile the C++ code.

        I still have to clean my build process but it seems like a step
        in the right direction.

        Anyway I described my setup within the documentation of the module.
        One can use the .NET environment that is free of charge, you only need
        a big pipe for the installation (I think I installed some 500 Mb)
        and an editor.

        You can read the instructions (I hope they will work for you too)
        in the guitest.pm file here:
        http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/winguitest/Win32-GuiTest/

        Dennis was kind enough and setup mailing list on Sourceforge where
        the commits to the CVS repository are mailed automatically.
        This will make it very easy to follow the changes in the module:

        [1] Ernesto, I think it would help a lot both the users of the module
        and the develoment of it if you could set that people whom have already
        posted a few e-mails would be able to post without your manual approval.

        Though in the last couple of days it seems you were approving messages
        relatively often my e-mails still wait a couple of days till they get
        posted. It makes it quite hard to communicate an to help each other.

        People won't have to answer off-list in order to give a timely response.