compiling Win32::GuiTest using .NET SDK

  • Gabor Szabo
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 14 11:04 PM
      I am using the .NET SDK that is free to download from the web site
      of Microsoft. I get the following error.

      C:\gabor\win32>perl makefile.pl
      Writing Makefile for Win32::GuiTest

      C:\gabor\win32>nmake

      Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility Version 7.10.3077

      cl -c -nologo -Gf -W3 -MD -Zi -DNDEBUG -O1 -DWIN32 -D_CONSOLE -DNO_ST
      RICT -DHAVE_DES_FCRYPT -DNO_HASH_SEED -DPERL_IMPLICIT_CONTEXT -DPERL_IMPLICIT_SY
      S -DUSE_PERLIO -DPERL_MSVCRT_READFIX -MD -Zi -DNDEBUG -O1 -DVERSION=\"1.50.2-
      ad\" -DXS_VERSION=\"1.50.2-ad\" "-IC:\Perl\lib\CORE" guitest.cpp
      cl : Command line warning D4029 : optimization is not available in the standard
      edition compiler
      guitest.cpp
      c1xx : warning C4349: /Gf is deprecated and will not be supported in future vers
      ions of Visual C++; remove /Gf or use /GF instead
      guitest.xs(17) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'windows.h': No su
      ch file or directory
      NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'cl' : return code '0x2'
      Stop.

      C:\gabor\win32>

      Indeed I don't have windows.h on my system.

      Can you point me in some direction so I can make sure I can compile
      the code on my machine too ?

      Gabor
      ps. Dennis, sorry for CC-ing you but my messages still seem to need
      manual approval on the yahoo mailing list and I'd rather get some help
      soon so I can work on the project a bit.
    • Chris Hilton
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 19 8:57 AM
        I'm fairly positive you'll need Visual Studio with Visual C++ to compile; I
        don't think there's any way the .NET SDK will cut it.

        Chris Hilton

[...]

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129u78fdq/M=295196.4901138.6071305.3001176/D=gr
        oups/S=1705006951:HM/EXP=1090163121/A=2128215/R=0/SIG=10se96mf6/*http://comp
        anion.yahoo.com> click here

        :HM/A=2128215/rand=589415749>

        _____

        <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

      • Gabor Szabo
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 19 1:41 PM
          Thanks for the answers.

          In the meantime, with the help of Google and other mailing lists[1]
          I could already compile the C++ code.

          I still have to clean my build process but it seems like a step
          in the right direction.

          Anyway I described my setup within the documentation of the module.
          One can use the .NET environment that is free of charge, you only need
          a big pipe for the installation (I think I installed some 500 Mb)
          and an editor.

          You can read the instructions (I hope they will work for you too)
          in the guitest.pm file here:
          http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/winguitest/Win32-GuiTest/

          Dennis was kind enough and setup mailing list on Sourceforge where
          the commits to the CVS repository are mailed automatically.
          This will make it very easy to follow the changes in the module:

          [1] Ernesto, I think it would help a lot both the users of the module
          and the develoment of it if you could set that people whom have already
          posted a few e-mails would be able to post without your manual approval.

          Though in the last couple of days it seems you were approving messages
          relatively often my e-mails still wait a couple of days till they get
          posted. It makes it quite hard to communicate an to help each other.

          People won't have to answer off-list in order to give a timely response.