Re: [perlguitest] Testing application written in Java

  • Steven Swenson
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 28 5:57 AM
      Hmm, could a java api be integrated invisibly into
      win32-gui test?

      --- Kristofer Hoch <kristoferhoch@...> wrote:

      ---------------------------------
      Gabor,
      The short answer is no. The reason is because
      applications written in Java are abstracted away from
      the host operating system. They run in the "Platform"
      of Java. The Java platform runs on the operating
      system.

      Java is both a plaftorm (similar in nature to an
      operating system, but it needs an OS to run) and a
      Programming language. Because of this, Java apps
      don't have to register their components with the OS,
      so you will never beable to use Microsoft's MSAA API
      (GuiTest uses some of this) to grab anything.

      HTH,
      Kristofer

      Gabor Szabo <gabor@...> wrote:

      I wonder if Win32::GuiTest can be used to test an
      application
      written in Java ?

      Using the mouse only to click would probably work but
      I tried and
      could not get the children of the main window.

      So before I go on, is GuiTest capable of doing this ?
      If not, what would you suggest ?

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT

      Terms of Service.