Re: Testing application written in Java

  • David Herron
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 28, 2004
      Can you point me to what this MSAA API is? Is it the Accessibility
      support?

      Java components have excellent support for being queried from an
      Accessibility tool.

      In any case there's a better way of testing Java applications. See:

      http://wiki.java.net/bin/view/Javapedia/TestingGUIApplications

      - David Herron

      On Jun 28, 2004, at 3:40 AM, perlguitest@yahoogroups.com wrote:

      > Message: 1
      > Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 04:39:13 -0700 (PDT)
      > From: Kristofer Hoch <kristoferhoch@...>
      > Subject: Re: Testing application written in Java
      >
      > Gabor,
      > The short answer is no. The reason is because applications written
      > in Java are abstracted away from the host operating system. They run
      > in the "Platform" of Java. The Java platform runs on the operating
      > system.
      >
      > Java is both a plaftorm (similar in nature to an operating system,
      > but it needs an OS to run) and a Programming language. Because of
      > this, Java apps don't have to register their components with the OS,
      > so you will never beable to use Microsoft's MSAA API (GuiTest uses
      > some of this) to grab anything.
      >
      > HTH,
      > Kristofer
      >
      > Gabor Szabo <gabor@...> wrote:
      >
      > I wonder if Win32::GuiTest can be used to test an application
      > written in Java ?
      >
      > Using the mouse only to click would probably work but I tried and
      > could not get the children of the main window.
      >
      > So before I go on, is GuiTest capable of doing this ?
      > If not, what would you suggest ?
      >
      > Gabor

    • Steven Swenson
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 28, 2004
        Hmm, could a java api be integrated invisibly into
        win32-gui test?

        ---------------------------------

        Gabor Szabo <gabor@...> wrote:

        I wonder if Win32::GuiTest can be used to test an
        application
        written in Java ?

        Using the mouse only to click would probably work but
        I tried and
        could not get the children of the main window.

        So before I go on, is GuiTest capable of doing this ?
        If not, what would you suggest ?

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT

        Terms of Service.