Re: installing Ver 1.50.2 on perl 5.6.1

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 13, 2004
      If you are using `ppm install c:\....`, version 1.50.1 will work
      with perl v5.6.1 and version 1.50.2 is ppm compatible with perl
      v5.8.1... Future releases of Win32-GuiTest-ad will function with
      perl v5.8.1.. This is just the nature of binary incompatibilities
      between the various releases of Perl... If I can include both
      binary versions somehow in the archive I will in the future.

      If you have special needs, you can install manually (using nmake,
      etc.) or ask ActiveState to roll a ppm of Win32-GuiTest-ad for a
      specific version of Perl.

      --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "rossclunie" <rossclunie@y...>
      wrote:
      > Is the latest verson 1.50.2 compatable with perl version 5.6.1
      build
      > 629. The Win32_GuiTest.ppd file says <ARCHITECTURE NAME="MSWin32-
      x86-
      > multi-thread-5.8" /> so I am not able to istall using PPM. If not
      > what was the last version compatable with perl 5.6.1
      > Thanks
    • Coleman Tom
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 14, 2004
        If your question is:
        the thing won't install via PPM, what version of win gui test can install
        via PPM with perl ...
        then I have had consistent results installing via the manual steps below.

        good luck,
        tom

        download zip file to local machine
        unzip to some folder