Re: [perlguitest] Getting Window contents

  • Steven Swenson
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2004
      Most strings in windows are Static Labels. I wrote a
      quick script to locate this type of information. It
      takes a Titlebar name as an argument but if you want a
      completelist of windows it is not necessary to specify
      one.

      I find this to be useful to map out windows in apps I
      wish to automate as well.

      For example an about text box might look like this:

      handle : 1901184 type:#32770 Title:About TextPad
      handle : 3670536 type:Static Title:
      handle : 655798 type:Static Title:TextPad 4.7.2 :
      32-bit Edition
      handle : 786866 type:Static Title:Copyright ⌐
      1992-2003 Helios Software Solution
      handle : 786874 type:Static Title:The Sentry
      Spelling-Checker Engine Copyright ⌐
      1993 Wintertree Software Inc.
      handle : 1966640 type:Static Title:All Rights Reserved
      handle : 1442440 type:Edit Title:
      handle : 2884220 type:Static Title:Unlicensed Copy
      (fully functional)
      handle : 1245812 type:Static Title:For Evaluation
      Purposes Only
      handle : 4391290 type:Static Title:
      handle : 2884100 type:Static Title:
      handle : 983422 type:Static Title:Disk Space:
      handle : 787346 type:Static Title:C: 67935408 KB Free
      handle : 5767894 type:Button Title:OK
      handle : 2097864 type:Button Title:Ordering
      &Information...

      --- yoni_benshlosh <yoni_benshlosh@...> wrote:

      ---------------------------------
      hey all,

      i am trying to make a function that will retrieve all
      strings inside
      a window.
      it's quite easy doing on window with "Edit" Classes,
      ComboBoxes, and
      etc.
      but it won't help when there are other classes, for
      example in
      internet explorer.

      how can i get the contents of such elements ?
      if GuiTest won't help, which Win32API functions should
      i look for ?

      Thanks alot.

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT

      Terms of Service.