  • jayu_tech
    Message 1 of 2 , May 17, 2004
      Can somebody please make the following work?

      use Win32::GuiTest;
      use Win32::OLE;
      use Win32::SAM;

      $| = 1;
      my $URL = "http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/samie/samie1.1.zip?
      use_mirror=umn";
      my $IEDocument;
      my $seconds;

      $Win32::OLE::Warn = 3;

      StartIE();
      Navigate($URL);
      ## Wait until IE is ready:#
      WaitForBusy();
      #print IE is now ready to get frames
      $IEDocument = GetDocument();
      print "opened the website\n";
      ClickLink
      ("http://umn.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/samie/samie1.1.zip");
      print "Clicked on the download link\n";

      Win32::GuiTest::WaitWindow("File Download");

      Win32::GuiTest::SendKeys("%{S}");

      Here, I am using SAMIE, a package based on GUITest, to download
      something from a website. As an example, I use SAMIE itself.

      Any help would be greatly appreciated.

      Thanks.
    • kevinket
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 16, 2004
        If your goal is to just download a file from a web site, try looking
        at the perl LWP (light weight protocal) module. It's included in the
        newer versions of Activestate Perl. It allows you to download a file
        directly from a website.

        I use it frequently to automatically update some of our build machines

        If you have more questions about it's use, I can pass you an example.

        --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "jayu_tech" <jayu_tech@y...>