Unable to execute beyond one command

  • jayu_tech
    Message 1 of 3 , May 14, 2004

      I am very new to GUITest. I am trying some very simple things, such
      as opening a text file in notepad.

      Here is my code:

      system("notepad.exe");
      Win32::GuiTest::SetForegroundWindow("Untitled-Notepad");
      Win32::GuiTest::MenuSelect("&File|&Open");

      I also tried

      system("notepad.exe");
      Win32::GuiTest::SetForegroundWindow("Untitled-Notepad");
      Win32::GuiTest::MenuSelect("^{O}");

      I have no idea why this does not work. I would really appreciate any
      little help... it will take me a long way.

      Thanks a lot in advance.
      J.
    • Coleman Tom
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 2, 2004
        here is a zip file that has some notepad interactions

        good luck!
        tom

        I am very new to GUITest. I am trying some very simple things, such
        as opening a text file in notepad.

        Here is my code:

        system("notepad.exe");
        Win32::GuiTest::SetForegroundWindow("Untitled-Notepad");
        Win32::GuiTest::MenuSelect("&File|&Open");

        I also tried

        system("notepad.exe");
        Win32::GuiTest::SetForegroundWindow("Untitled-Notepad");
        Win32::GuiTest::MenuSelect("^{O}");

        I have no idea why this does not work. I would really appreciate any
        little help... it will take me a long way.

        Thanks a lot in advance.
        J.

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        <http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=129lpe01a/M=295196.4901138.6071305.3001176/D=groups
        /S=1705006951:HM/EXP=1086191970/A=2128215/R=0/SIG=10se96mf6/*http://companio
        n.yahoo.com> click here

        :HM/A=2128215/rand=781137435>

        _____

        <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

      • kevinket
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 16, 2004
          In case you haven't figured this out yet.

          The system command waits for the child process to complete, some once
          notepad is called, it won't return control back to your script until
          notepad is closed.

          To get around this use:

          system ("start notepad.exe");

          The start command qualifies as the calling program. Once it calls
          notepad.exe, it's job is done, and therefore returns control back to
          perl.

          --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, Coleman Tom <tom.coleman@s...>
          wrote:
          > here is a zip file that has some notepad interactions
          >
          > good luck!
          > tom

          subject=Unsubscribe>

          Service